Ticks !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news for people working in the forests.

No tics in California with the wild fires.
I guess not, but the wild fires are enough to worry about.
Our Winters are usually enough to kill any exotic species, but that pic of them infesting that sheep was just gross. Like thousands of them on it.
I saw a Hare with one one his face as he visited my back yard last year. Looked like he had a big mole on his cheek.

Went to spend some time with my grand parents that live in Maryland. Worked for a tree company while I stayed there. We did a job on the Navel base and I got into a swarm and didn't know it till I was covered. Had to strip down (including underwear) and turn my cloths inside out. I had thousands of them everywhere. Spent the rest of that day naked trying to get them out of my cloths so I could put them back on. I got hundreds of bites but was able to get them off within a few hours. Luckily we don't have them here at my house, but when growing up we battled them all the time.

The wood tick crop is still pretty light here but deer ticks are higher than average. I think we’ve had around 2 dozen wood ticks and about a dozen deer ticks this month.

It’s not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The vet gave the wife tic repellant that lasts three months. So far so good.

Deer tick is bad enough but now the lone star tick may be even worse.Good friend of mine was treated for lyme diesease(deer tick) is now being treated for something from the lone star tick.No red meat for at least one year.

It’s been 5 1/2 years since my diagnosis of Alpha Gal Allergy. No mammalian meat of any kind or I go into anaphylactic shock. Can’t leave the house without an epi pen. I have all my clothes impregnated with permitherin by a company called Bug Away it last for about 6 months. Ticks are serious business I took it for granted many many years. It almost cost me my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s more than ever used logging equipment in the local bargain paper I wonder why.

It’s been 5 1/2 years since my diagnosis of Alpha Gal Allergy. No mammalian meat of any kind or I go into anaphylactic shock. Can’t leave the house without an epi pen. I have all my clothes impregnated with permitherin by a company called Bug Away it last for about 6 months. Ticks are serious business I took it for granted many many years. It almost cost me my life.

Just sprayed my whole yard to kill the Bass Turds today. 300 gallons.

Just listened to a program on PBS taking about Lone Star ticks. People are developing meat allergies after being bitten by them.

The red meat allergy is just the tip of the ice berg. You also can’t eat anything that derives from mammals. Oh let me also inform people that you can no longer be vaccinated with serums from mammalian plasma ex... tetanus and any anti venom comes from mammalian plasma. Just to let you know there is a lot more to the allergy than just giving up meat.

I got bitten on a dove field, September will be 6 years ago. I was diagnosed in October after 4 trips to the ER, the last reaction almost killed me.
My clothes are now treated with permitherin even my underwear. Another tick bite from the lone star tick would be the death of me.

I used to do BBQ competitions on the weekends. Now I play with chainsaws. It’s hard to win BBQ tournament when you can’t taste what your cooking

I have been out in the woods for 5 of the last 8 days and haven't had a single tick yet, which is almost unbelievable. The sand flies, mosquitos, and no-see-ums have gone from non existent to very thick in that time. We sure could use one more good frost.
I also have not seen one tick & I have been out in the country and trees all spring & summer

I used to do BBQ competitions on the weekends. Now I play with chainsaws. It’s hard to win BBQ tournament when you can’t taste what your cooking

I got bitten on a dove field, September will be 6 years ago. I was diagnosed in October after 4 trips to the ER, the last reaction almost killed me.
My clothes are now treated with permitherin even my underwear. Another tick bite from the lone star tick would be the death of me.

Well **** , can't "like" that at all , glad you're here to be able to talk about it !
Never thot about vacs or serums , thanks for pointing that out .

Can,t believe this is anything new . The only thing new is spending so much time in climate control. Then there's the immune system getting a bunch of wrong feedback . When's it over 80 out don't wear a coat make sure your hungry before you eat make sure really tried before resting . Give this system good feed back instead of turning on you it will help . A very powerful system make friends with it

Latest posts

Back