Timber Tuff TMW-40 Log Tongs ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AuerX

constantly confused
Reaction score
Anyone used these? The price is right but I bet there made in China...

http://www.amazon.com/Timber-Tuff-T...&qid=1400987399&sr=8-1&keywords=logging+tongs

71xDbraz8TL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks!

I've not used them but have used these ones a lot .

26D1206.jpg

Worth every penny to me , my wrists dont suffer if I'm handling wood or small logs all day .
For the 20$ they're asking I'd buy 2 sets lol

I have looked at the Timber Tuff models in local home builders store and they appear to be made pretty cheap. My biggest issue was that the hinge (joints) were very loose and sloppy. They did use bolts at the hinge points, so they may be able to be tightened.
What kind are those you have, dancan?

I wouldn't worry too much about it , the wetterlings are tight when new but get sloppy after time , bolts can be retightned , the rivets in mine would have to be peened but the slop so far has been a non issue , it's not like you're gonna lift a ton of lead or flats of eggs with them .

Ron, I have a pair of the Timber Tong ones. I really like them. A wider jaw pair would also be handy. I took them to a charity cut last fall & most of the participants tried them out. Next charity cut most of the folks had a pair of tongs of some brand.

Back