Timberchamp Kinetic Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoman3b

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Stumbled across this on youtube thought I would share it, The price seems very reasonable at $399 but it looks to be a fairly new product as I couldn't find any reviews on it yet

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2rrZeQaKvEE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

www.timberchamp.com

Curious to see the dependability of these would be a nice splitter for small stuff!

Well, sure is small. I'd like to see it trying some harder to split stuff, but for the price it doesn't look too bad. Just don't know if it would be much better than a maul or axe.

Looks like it would fit well on the tail gate of a truck. I (my back) wouldn't like bending over like that all day long.

I knew there was a flood of kinetic splitters from chi-com hitting the west coast after DR and Speeco's epic forays, just hadn't seen any pics.

Looks like a good value if it holds up . It's small but looks capable

How about the green one in the timber champ link? Is it the same size but with a gas engine, or is it bigger? I can't get any info to come up.

How about the green one in the timber champ link? Is it the same size but with a gas engine, or is it bigger? I can't get any info to come up.

I noticed the same thing, not sure guessing this company is just getting started time will tell how well they are made, with the speeco kinetic being a flop I don't know how I would feel about buying one until they prove themselves! The green unit looks bigger to me

Look like they still have that silly two handed operation.

Company is in Colorado, there was another company in CO that said last year they were going to be introducing a kinetic splitter to market soon. Makes a guy go "Hmmmm."

It uses compressor pulleys for flywheels.

Mr. HE:cool:

If you have a decent splitting axe that stuff would have split faster. Straight grained as can be with almost no fibers to hold it together is not much of a challenge.

Well, I bought their wood processor last month. The green machine you saw on the website. I haven't used a lot, but it's a decent unit. When I purchased, they told me about the little machine. They sent me the following link. Also they said that they have a stand to lift the whole machine, so you don't have to challenge your back too much.

Time will tell if their units are a seller or not. Like you guys, my back hurts watching all that bending over. Looks like a couple of chiropractors or back surgeons may have invented that bad boy. ;)

give them a call, they will send you everything. This is a gas engine. I have one now.

Latest posts

Back