Time for another Mac 797G build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's done. Looks absolutely sweeeeet, At least to me it doe's.
First pic shows the SDC carb which is used on the later
Super 797's. Thats why i went with the all yellow paint and
no black. This one will be labeled Super 797G. It has great spark,
Monsterous compression. All i need to do is add fuel and start.
I'm going to wait a few days for the fuel tank sealer to set up.

Thanks to all who have followed this thread.

Lee

4th797Gbuild001-1.jpg

4th797Gbuild002-1.jpg

4th797Gbuild003-1.jpg

4th797Gbuild004-1.jpg

4th797Gbuild005-1.jpg

Nice work Lee.....almost makes me want to pull my old 1-52 down and do a complete resto ...it is very low hr but has been kicking around all these yrs and is missing a lot of paint....my BIL bought it new and used it commercially in an offshore pulpwood operation from Jan 1962 until April 1962(mud season) and it has not cut a full cord of wood since then.....I know because I've owned it since 1965..LOL!! Again very nice work on that geardrive build!!

It looks to be missing something.............A big a$$ chrome dawg with the big dawg stand to keep the 60 inch bar off the ground, something like RandyMac would have on one of his gear drives.

Awesome build, I hope to be able to do similar work one day, you sir are an artist.

Great looking saw! Did you ever redo that 895 I sold you? I can't recall a thread on that one...of course I can't recall alot of things.

Nice work Lee.

I spotted that new Homey 750 in the background in the one pic.... nice score!!!

It looks to be missing something.............A big a$$ chrome dawg with the big dawg stand to keep the 60 inch bar off the ground, something like RandyMac would have on one of his gear drives.

Awesome build, I hope to be able to do similar work one day, you sir are an artist.

Thanks Jim, I do plan on a big dog, Just haven't figured which one yet.
I'd like to get a nice H&S dog chromed.

Great looking saw! Did you ever redo that 895 I sold you? I can't recall a thread on that one...of course I can't recall alot of things.

Hi Walt, I still have the 895 from you. But it's in nice shape as is.
I only restore or build saws that are pretty much total wrecks.

Lee

Nice work Lee.

I spotted that new Homey 750 in the background in the one pic.... nice score!!!

There's TWO 750's in that pic. New as in NOS? Crikey. I know where one is, but it ain't for sale. I go weak in the knees when I see it. Still has the tags attached.

Lee that "Super 797G" is fantastic. :clap:

In one pic I see an 82cc Mac with a foam 'pod' AF.......and a LONG sprocket nose bar sitting beside it...:popcorn:

Last edited:
And a big Poulan sitting behind the 750s!

Nice build Lee!! Some other starter cover hanging there drying the paint.... it goes to a ???

That's actually a Poul-mar (or Dolan) 6000-S that came out of my area if I'm not mistaken Randy. NORMZILLA44 hooked Lee up with it a number of months ago. Clean saw.

That's actually a Poul-mar (or Dolan) 6000-S that came out of my area if I'm not mistaken Randy. NORMZILLA44 hooked Lee up with it a number of months ago. Clean saw.

It is a Poulan S6000, But not mine.
This one belongs to a fellow member.
And not the one Norm got me. I still
have that one.

It is a Poulan S6000, But not mine.
This one belongs to a fellow member.
And not the one Norm got me. I still
have that one.

They're multiplying!:jester:

Quite a few fellows here have the green Dolmars. Seems to be more common than the orange/red SD's of the same model. Probably has to do with the much larger dealer network that Poulan had at that time...

Last edited:
Back