Time for another Mac 797G build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're multiplying!:jester:

Quite a few fellows here have the green Dolmars. Seems to be more common than the orange/red SD's of the same model. Probably has to do with the much larger dealer network that Poulan had at that time...

I have the SD version (153) and have been looking for the green version. I can't say which is more attractive, they're both fine-looking saws.

I have the SD version (153) and have been looking for the green version. I can't say which is more attractive, they're both fine-looking saws.

I don't think many of those were sold here. The 100cc and up saw market here seems to have been covered entirely by Homelite, McCulloch, and then the big Stihls (and finally the Husqvarnas). The S-6000 that Norm sent to Lee is the only SD saw of that series that I've seen in my area. To my eye, the red ones look the best, closely followed by the yellow McDolmars and then the green Poul-mars. Wouldn't turn away any of them though.:D

Lee, is that a Gravely peeking around the door? I knew you were a man of impeccable tastes. Ron

I would have keyed in on the hit and miss or the 8 inch rearend. 20 years ago when i was racing that rearend would have been more valuable than the any saw

Last edited:
Of all the high quality builds you have done this one is probably the best looking. TOP NOTCH PERIOD

She is done, Made it's first good cuts today.
Had some issues with the ignition. Seems to
be ok now. Pulls like a freight train.

Lee

MccullochSuper797G001.jpg

MccullochSuper797G002.jpg

MccullochSuper797G003.jpg

MccullochSuper797G004.jpg

She's done. Looks absolutely sweeeeet, At least to me it doe's.
First pic shows the SDC carb which is used on the later
Super 797's. Thats why i went with the all yellow paint and
no black. This one will be labeled Super 797G. It has great spark,
Monsterous compression. All i need to do is add fuel and start.
I'm going to wait a few days for the fuel tank sealer to set up.

Thanks to all who have followed this thread.

Lee

4th797Gbuild001-1.jpg

4th797Gbuild002-1.jpg

4th797Gbuild003-1.jpg

4th797Gbuild004-1.jpg

4th797Gbuild005-1.jpg

Wow that saw is awesome! Killer job!
Brian

Like always... another awesome job Lee. :rock:
I haven't had much time to post lately, I have a teenage son getting close to getting his drivers license and a 79 Camaro build that's been taking all my free time up. My next saw project is the CP70 you bored the jug for me. :cheers:

Last edited:
Like always... another awesome job Lee. :rock:
I haven't had much time to post lately, I have a teenage son getting close to getting his drivers license and a 79 Camaro build that's been taking all my free time up. My next saw project is the CP70 you bored the jug for me. :cheers:

Thanks Ed. Ya i know all about cars. They can sure
take a lot of time. Been working on a customers car
for a year now and almost done. Then hopfully i can
get back to some saw resto's myself. Good luck on
the Camaro.

Lee

Latest posts

Back