Time to ditch the 16 strand

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevybob

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I can't climb on these bungee cords anymore. I climb on a hitch climber and have big hands so like the feel of 1/2 inch. Any recommendations?

Imori is a great rope, I picked up some Blue Craze and really like the feel of it as well. Fly has always been a favorite of mine and is great if you like a soft feel and don't mind an 11mm rope. You could give Blaze a shot as well, I think the colors suck but whatever.

I was thinking about blaze and I know fly is popular but they are smaller ropes and I have gorilla hands lol I wish I knew someone with some I could climb on.

Blaze is a quality rope at a fair price point. I think you would be happy.

Will I notice a size difference in Blaze versus a 11.7 mm Yale line? Another factor for me is durability. 90% of my climbing is removals so I never use a friction saver. I don't like them personally.

I also have some big mitts and have been using imori and I think its pretty darn good. I also think highly of 11.7 yale lines. tachyon isnt bad either although its a little bouncy i guess. i would buy another imori line for sure. Seems to be holding up pretty good and rarely sees a friction saver.

Will I notice a size difference in Blaze versus a 11.7 mm Yale line? Another factor for me is durability. 90% of my climbing is removals so I never use a friction saver. I don't like them personally.
Its so slight, more about the rope-feel IMO. Imori is great if you don't mind spending a few extra bones.

Imory is top of the pack for me. I've tried a bunch of stuff and IMHO nothing really comes close. Feels big in the hand, not too heavy, takes great to lots of different hitch cord. I have sausage fingers, I use DRt SRT, VT or hitch hiker, and I walk all over my ropes. Stuff is durable.

You need to try vortex. Full 1/2" feels great on the hands.

You need to try vortex. Full 1/2" feels great on the hands.

I heard Vortex picks easily. What's your experience with it? I can deal with my hands hurting in exchange for a more durable rope.

I heard Vortex picks easily. What's your experience with it? I can deal with my hands hurting in exchange for a more durable rope.
I have not had any problems like that and I pretty much natural crotch <90% of the time.

For the money blaze is a great rope like TC101 said.

Been using a blaze 200' and love it, doesn't milk like the ivy ones and works well with a micro pulley/vt for drt. I mostly use a single eyed split tale with it and it runs super smooth.

Latest posts

Back