Time to KD this Bradfords Pear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie294life

Brush Popper and Amateur Tree Butcher
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
We just had a pretty nasty microburst roll through AR and knock out tons of trees. I’ve got a Bradford that was split in half. I cleared out the dead limbs, but eventually I want it to all die before I drop it and cut the rest up, not because I love Bradfords, just ive got other trees down and don’t have the time. Given had the trunk is exposed and I ringed it, how long should it take to die? (Pending no other winds hit greater than 30 mph)

That’s what I plan to do if if doesn’t get blown over first. Just never had ringed a tree before didn’t know if that would speed the process up or not..
The moisture will still be in the tree if it dies standing as is. It would need to be cut and split to expose the inner wood to allow it to dry for firewood. I've cut quite a few standing oaks and maples that have died due to gypsy moths and the wood is still moist inside two years later in a standing tree.

That’s what I plan to do if if doesn’t get blown over first. Just never had ringed a tree before didn’t know if that would speed the process up or not..
I would not want to burn the wood, lol. I have it’s some pretty nasty stuff to burn, takes forever for it to dry out. Im just trying to get it to drop leaves and dump sap before I haul it off.

Latest posts

Back