Tip of the Day thread:

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
27801.jpg
However that monster load is not ready for sale yet. If I delivered that here, nobody would buy it except a guy who could take it the next step. That next step is expensive.

I run several 2x4's across two stacks and tie both stacks together to provide some extra support. I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to stacking wood and I'm not into making it a work of art. This is a great way to ensure the stacks are solid and stay where they are supposed to be. 20151104_133544.jpg

For woodstove/fireplace:

A 3/8" diameter x 18" long copper or aluminum tube makes a very nice bellow/blow pipe for restarting from coals. It also make a half-way decent poker.

My favorite storage box for spare chainsaw chains is a an old VHS tape container:

I have a bundle of these left over from what is now practically a dead video medium. I can usually get two of them inside and then document them with a 3 x 5 card (length, DLs, pitch, gauge, etc.).

My favorite storage box for spare chainsaw chains is a an old VHS tape container:

I have a bundle of these left over from what is now practically a dead video medium. I can usually get two of them inside and then document them with a 3 x 5 card (length, DLs, pitch, gauge, etc.).

policestuff_2390_3594164036

i use one of these came with computer equipment for work. they didnt need it, so i got the case free.
it holds all my wedges,chains,files,screnches,depth gauges,stumpvise,plus misc.pliers and screwdrivers etc.
only thing it doesnt hold is my extra bars.:chop:

When cleaning or rebuilding your saw's carburetor or anything else with small parts use an empty pizza box.
The sides will prevent those small parts from rolling off the workbench.
And the cardboard will absorb the gas and oils that would otherwise end up on the workbench.

When cleaning or rebuilding your saw's carburetor or anything else with small parts use an empty pizza box. The sides will prevent those small parts from rolling off the workbench. And the cardboard will absorb the gas and oils that would otherwise end up on the workbench.
Bill, that's a dandy. In addition, on the pizza box you can use some saw parts as mini-trays to collect other small ones. For example, the carb cover can hold the filter, boot, nuts, etc. The sprocket cover can hold the two bar nuts. The pull cord cover van hold the four mounting screws, etc.

I make a lot of sausage and or brats so when we have some sausage the sealing bags always smell like smoke & garlic so the bags can not be reused. Like the wood doctor I like to use the VCR boxes for my go-to chains and for the the extras, I'll wash out these food saver bags and use them for my extra chains or small parts. I'll also use a few of the food saver bags for things like matches and a few first aid stuff to carry in the tool box with the big first aid box is in the truck. I even keep an extra file or two in these bags so they stay clean and sharp.

The chain in the bags will be hanging in the shop for later use..

Chain.jpg

When trying to bring a few hot coals back to a flaming fire, I use the blower on the stove. My free standing englander stove has a blower in the back that blows air through the stove that comes out with 5 pipes that blow air into the room. I stick a big bolt in 4 of the pipes to plug off the air flow, then use a piece of 3/4 sealtight (plastic electrical flexable conduit) to plug onto the 5th pipe, then direct air flow into the stove. From a few coals to a flamer in just a few seconds.:blob2:

When trying to bring a few hot coals back to a flaming fire, I use the blower on the stove. My free standing englander stove has a blower in the back that blows air through the stove that comes out with 5 pipes that blow air into the room. I stick a big bolt in 4 of the pipes to plug off the air flow, then use a piece of 3/4 sealtight (plastic electrical flexable conduit) to plug onto the 5th pipe, then direct air flow into the stove. From a few coals to a flamer in just a few seconds.:blob2:

i here a pop bottle filled 1/2 way with used oil and news paper works good too!

Back