Tips and tricks on using a tw-5 from timberwolf

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Bought a tw-5 last week for home use to split logs to feed my central boiler. Its a lot different then my old splitter that I made 20 years ago.

I am looking to some tricks if there is any on running this machine!
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

The most efficient way I have found is to have three people - 1) running controls and adjusting wood as it goes toward wedge 2) loading the log lift either putting on lift in the up position for small rounds or rolling over larger rounds 3) clearing the table as the wood splits - either stacking or tossing -just keeping the table cleared.

Mine has the auto cycle feature which is super nice when we only have 2 people to run it. I keep saying Im going to fab together a small conveyor to either load my dump trailer or transfer to wood shed

you will love that splitter ! change fluids and filters so you have a base line for maintenance and start splitting !

This is a picture of my daughter and son and the kid down the street splitting some wood - once they get in a groove they can knock out a lot of wood in a short time

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back