TM splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treebilly

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone on here has one and how they like it. Sorry I don't know how to post a link to their website. I'm thinking either the pro series or the HD model. Getting to old to wrestle monsters around. Already own a skid steer. Would rather put the extra wear and tear on it than on my back

Bobcat 773. I have access to four S250's also. Perks of the position I hold at work is I can borrow certain things when I need them at home. Bad thing is we chip all the nice firewood because we sell the chips to a large landscape supplier in our area.

I have the tm pro 24 and 30" The 30 is to slow but it worked for the very hard stuff when I needed it. The 24" pro is a monster and fast. I tried the warrior but I bent it and returned it for the 24" pro. I use the 24 90% of the time. The viewing window is amazing. Seeing the wedge is a must. The speed with a high flow machine will produce some serious piles of wood. I also use the skid steer to move the wood around on pallets.

For get to gethers I use it on the mini track loader

24bcea03348a8f2a3ed321ef1d7a9279.jpg

Thanks. I'm going out to a distributor Friday to check out the HD model. They can order the pro but don't keep them on hand. Am I correct in guessing the pro costs quite a bit more.

The HD will do fine to break up larger rounds. But for getting them to smaller pieces it is hard to see. It all depends on how small you want to splits to be with the TM. Not the best for small stoves size wood. Great for 4 to 6 inches splits. For small stove size I finish with a super split. Most of my splitting is for OWB so the TM works great.

Works great for the big stuff in the back ground of picture

1118190fe7e382315f2ca1c30201104d.jpg

I'm just going for manageable size. Trying to not ruin my back. I plan on breaking things down to manageable and letting them season a bit. Then I'll make actual firewood when I have time. It just takes to long and wears on my body to much rolling them around by hand. Thanks for the input.

Does anyone have a TM pro 2 video with 4 way or 6 way? Just got done talking to Matt at TM this morning. Switching my 30 inch pro to a 4.5 inch cylinder instead of the 5 inch. More speed for the longer stroke! I mostly use the 24 pro but some people like longer split wood. I try to keep different piles of different sizes.

Back