To the moderators

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hand tool forum?

• Yes

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters

Cliniford

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Can we start an axe only forum on here somewhere? Seems alot of questions get asked as to what axe to buy as well as opinions of others. I know there might be a few collectors out there too, though not like the chainsaws....
Might be nice to be able to put all this info in one place.

I could understand a "Hand Tools" forum, but axe-specific, uh, not so much.

True....

Axe, splitters, mauls, chains, tongs, etc.

Hand Tools Forum +1

Roger

I do not mind a hand tool forum, but not for the purpose to give axes and mauls a "home". If axes and mauls are "drowning" in this hydraulic log splitter/OWB forum now, they will totally become anonymous , in a hand tools forum. I think our log splitter forum is pretty OK now.

I there is a need for change, I would rather suggest splitting up our log splitter forum in sub forums, the current "log splitter" root can stay like we have now, for general discussions. And more specific areas, that draw a lot of its own attention, can get a sub-forum.

Our entire ArboristSiteForum is a organized "flat" (all different forums are on the same level), and could make navigation little easier with 1 or max 2 other sub forum levels. Most members stick to only a few of the many forums here, and there can be a pull down menu on each forum, for short cuts to other sub-level forums.

I can also see a third level, benefit advertisers too, being able to expose their products to a more specific target group....

arb_site_re_org.jpg

Last edited:
I think if you start dividing stuff up into compartments, a lot of posts will get overlooked. I know I won't be clicking all over the place looking for posts (yea, I'm the 'no' vote).

Ian

Bump. PRETTY PLEASE!!!! :bowdown:

You need to show a need for the new forum first, i.e. demonstrate that all the axe specific posts are dominating some other forum and need a place of it's own.
For instance, your bump post is post number 6 and at that stage, you accounted for 4 of the 6 posts. So really, there is 3 posts up to that point, one clearly a nay.

I will give you the same advice I gave to Peteoldsaw when he wanted a small tool forum and that is to start a thread, first, and see what happens.

I know this great cliff that has an awesome view about 6' past the edge...

C'mon guys follow me.......

Last edited:
Wadda Lemming... :D

Did someone say Lemmy? :rock:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_lc8E4VeBnI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_lc8E4VeBnI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:biggrinbounce2:

Back