Today's Job...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey matt ..merry xmas mate ,hope ya have a good one ...stay safe and keep them VB's flowing

Last edited:
A very merry Xmas to the down under, brother's! I just saw on the new's people running around in the heat in short's in aussie land?? Warm eh?

Yeah its a bit cloudy here in Vic at the moment - a good time to buck some trees I think :greenchainsaw:

It's amazing the difference in weather in different part's of the world. When do you guy's get cold winter weather?

Yeah we have had frost here for about a month. Been in the 20's lately July and August are hot weather months for us, usually 90's, and 100 degree weather. I dremed of alway's having a white Christmas won't forget my first one in Montana when I was a little boy. Froze my ass off, and enjoyed watching the snowflakes from inside by the fire. It's not like the movie's making a snowman, and running around in the snow LOL! That wind kicked up, and it was like 60 below. Indoor's was good for me!

It's amazing the difference in weather in different part's of the world. When do you guy's get cold winter weather?
Mid July is middle of winter down under, Mid January = Mid summer ...The temp varies considerable depending where in Oz you live tho ....where I live (Far south coast of N.S.W. about 10km as a bird fly's from the pacific ocean) it never gets below 3deg C*( 38deg F*) and in summers it can extremely hot and dry! In drought conditions ,In 2004 summer heat wave ..the temp gauge hit 58deg C* in the shade (136deg F*) and she blow up .lol ..damn birds where falling out of the sky dead, and livestock just collapsing dead that summer ...

Wow that is hot man. I have seen boar hunting in the snow new zealand I think? That's good stuff thank's for the info. I alway's like to learn what goes on in other part's of the world.

yeah no worries Norm... its very much like california weather (summers) where I live on the Far south coast of OZ ....can have very hot summers (severe heat waves) and severe bush fires, very hot strong winds from the west ...a lot like the Santa Ana winds. I volunteer with the Rural Fire Brigade, a few of the local boys actually go over to Cali when your getting the bad Wildfires there, just the same as we get some of the boys from cali fire brigades over here helping us ...

Very interesting, and OZ has alway's fascinated me. I love the land, and the wildlife, and the big Eauc's. Never been there but like what I have seen.

its a great country Norm (big bloody Island ) I wouldn't want to live any where else ....would love to see the US tho mate ,you have some awesome country side over there, always wanted to visit the west coast and fell some of them huge red ceders ...International travel is only a dream these days but.

Norm, I'm a former Yank that immigrated to Oz in Feb 1982, coming up on 30 years this year. I've lived and traveled all over the U.S. There are some great places in the States, but just too damn many people.

I remember flying into Oz on R&R back in April 1970. We came over the Tip of Cape York while the sun was rising over the Pacific. I looked down and it was 45 minutes of jet travel before I saw a road. I thought - now this place has some elbow room. Hitch-hiked through Oz in 1974 and made the decision to emigrate in 1978. It's a great place with a lot of convict blood in the people that keeps them cynical of government.

Widowmaker, and Terry great stuff brother's! I have alway's been a fan of the Aussie crowd, and this thread as you all know. You also know I am a die hard Boar dog man. My favorite Board dog web hand's down, is the one down under Boardogs.com. Been a viewer of that longer than I can remember. Got to see alot of your'e country through there eyes. Thae band I run with here, we saw together, run our dog's together, and anything in between. A rugged breed I like to think we are similar cloth with the aussie's. We were raised in the mountains.

Widowmaker, and Terry great stuff brother's! I have alway's been a fan of the Aussie crowd, and this thread as you all know. You also know I am a die hard Boar dog man. My favorite Board dog web hand's down, is the one down under Boardogs.com. Been a viewer of that longer than I can remember. Got to see alot of your'e country through there eyes. Thae band I run with here, we saw together, run our dog's together, and anything in between. A rugged breed I like to think we are similar cloth with the aussie's. We were raised in the mountains.
I hear you mate, rough and tough country to the bone brother, just give me the mountains to roam, and leave the city bull#### and politics for the idiots ...bloody love going out pigging out the back of the farm in the swamps ... I use a Compound Bow and take my German shepherd Riva out ...:msp_thumbsup:

I remember flying into Oz on R&R back in April 1970. We came over the Tip of Cape York while the sun was rising over the Pacific. I looked down and it was 45 minutes of jet travel before I saw a road. I thought - now this place has some elbow room. Hitch-hiked through Oz in 1974 and made the decision to emigrate in 1978. It's a great place with a lot of convict blood in the people that keeps them cynical of government.

I visited Oz for business in the early nineties and remember travelling long distance over KL Malaysia down to Melbourne. From the moment I saw that coast line of Oz, it took another 4 bloody hours of travelling on that long distance flight before hitting the tarmac in Melbourne....
Too bad I was not able to visit the inland....Melbourne and Sydney were not my favorite places though, never seen so many nationalities and mixed couples concentrated on a single spot.

Latest posts

Back