Tonight's Fire w/pic's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelbythedog

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My Quad doing what it does best. Temp. as measured on the front left corner is 500 deg F.

attachment.php

I swear, these two would sit on top of the stove if I would let them.

attachment.php

Yeah I godda tell my k-9 to scoot when she starts to pant heavily. That reminds me I have to light my stove.

Last edited:
Nice lookin' tile. The guy that supervised that installation must know his stuff.

Nice!
Now get to work! lol, looks like you got some painting and flooring to do! :msp_tongue::hmm3grin2orange:

Thats 800 sq ft of Pergo in the corner. I still have to paint 3 closets, the hallway, and the living room before its time to put the flooring down. Oh, and not to mention the ceramic tile by the front door. I need to spend less time on AS!

Thats 800 sq ft of Pergo in the corner. I still have to paint 3 closets, the hallway, and the living room before its time to put the flooring down. Oh, and not to mention the ceramic tile by the front door. I need to spend less time on AS!

I got some time off. Let's get to it!

Looks like I'm a little late, but FYI, I have a nice commercial grade ceramic tile wet saw if you need to use it. Have done ceramic tile work for the past 25 years (side work). Just give me a a little advance notice so I can pull it out of the attic. It will cut up to 16" on the diagonal, 24 inch on straight cuts. KD

Looks like I'm a little late, but FYI, I have a nice commercial grade ceramic tile wet saw if you need to use it. Have done ceramic tile work for the past 25 years (side work). Just give me a a little advance notice so I can pull it out of the attic. It will cut up to 16" on the diagonal, 24 inch on straight cuts. KD

Thanks for the offer but we got that covered. Both the kid and I never met a tool we didn't need to own. We still need to meet FTF at some point. There may be other things we could help each other out with.

My Quad doing what it does best. Temp. as measured on the front left corner is 500 deg F.

attachment.php

I swear, these two would sit on top of the stove if I would let them.

attachment.php

Shelby-

Nice stove and fire ya got their. I have a couple questions for you if you don't mind. Im considering a quad myself, is their anything you would change about it? what did you pay for it (if you don't mind me asking)? what kind of burn times do you get (Obviously this will vary), and lastly how much area are you heating?

Thanks,

Paul

Responses in red...

Shelby-

Nice stove and fire ya got their. I have a couple questions for you if you don't mind.

Im considering a quad myself, is their anything you would change about it? No, this stove is fantastic. I have never used the ash drawer so I cannot comment on that. Only "issue" is that I tore the ceramic blanket that sits above the secondary burn tubes when taking it out for a chimney cleaning, certainly not the stove's fault.

what did you pay for it (if you don't mind me asking)? Installed, with the 2010 tax credit, got it in the $2500 area, can't recall the exact amount. That included double wall chimney in the house and triple wall stainless straight out the roof.

what kind of burn times do you get (Obviously this will vary), and lastly how much area are you heating? Heating a 1300 sq ft ranch, more then ample for the square footage. Anything smaller I would recommend a 3100 over the 4300. I can easily get 10 hours of burn time. Meaning a full load burned down to coals, toss more logs on and the fire takes off, no paper or kindling necessary.

Thanks,

Paul

Any other questions you have send them my way, be more than glad to give additional details if necessary.

"never met a tool we didn't need to own"

I like your attitude! Gonna have to remember that. Yes, we will figure something out. :rock:

Thanks, got it for Christmas a few years ago. I couldn't justify the price to buy it for myself. I used a pot for years. Doesn't hold a lot of water, but kinda looks cool.

Gotta love a nice warm fire. The lights are down, the football game is on, everyone else went to bed, and a there is a nice glow from an insert stuffed with red oak.

Main floor is 78 degrees, 2nd floor is 70 degrees, and the furnace has yet to be turned on this winter.

Oh and just finished cleaning the muzzleloader and it is put away for the season, venison is in the freezer:rock::biggrin:

Latest posts

Back