Too much vibration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you PB. as this is MY first saw its going to take some learning and mistakes to be as good as the kid i guess.

I think perhaps you are expecting too much from the saw, from a comfort standpoint..

You are 23 like I am, you dont have many excuses to be a pansy about things which I suspect may be your problem.

Just don't forget that learning can be done all on your own, now there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking questions either. No one taught me anything about running a saw. No one taught me much about anything for that matter, except how to be tough, in a round about way LOL.. But I get along ok.

How about some pictures of your setup?

I think perhaps you are expecting too much from the saw, from a comfort standpoint..

You are 23 like I am, you dont have many excuses to be a pansy about things which I suspect may be your problem.

Just don't forget that learning can be done all on your own, now there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking questions either. No one taught me anything about running a saw. No one taught me much about anything for that matter, except how to be tough, in a round about way LOL.. But I get along ok.

This makes me laugh when looking at the original post. If we could figure out how to get the kid to cut smoother or the chain to cut smoother, we could solve all the world's problems.

No file in the universe can smooth out the kid's ego. I think ya gotta just shut up and let his ego cut. Likewise the original poster may just need to keep on keeping on. The more you cut, the more you get used to a little bounce. :D :D

Maybe you should take up knitting instead. .

The 361 isent a big saw to begin with, an aggressive chain isn't going to be that unruly. . .

Don't be a **********. I m not an all star cutter and I cant look at a tree and make it fall over.

Save your animosity against me for PM.

Did somebody piss in your beer tonight?

The kid's just trolling. You can see him lurking in this thread (list at the bottom shows who is viewing the thread) and yucking it up that we've actually posted in response to his gastronomical difficulties. It's just his way of getting attention.

But hell, isn't that part of why most people post on Internet forums? :D :D

i cant say im a pansy about much, living on a farm and working construction since i was 14 i dont know much about comfort. No one has taught me much either thats why i asked the original question. i will post pics of the chain tomorrow for your expert eyes.

Checked in to see if the OP had his problem figured out. Glad to see all is well. :givebeer:

A quick thought to the original poster...

Instead of taking your chains to a shop to file. Give hand filing a try yourself. It's not near as hard as you might think. A lot of people start sharpening their own chains with a hand file, and then wonder why they ever paid to have someone do it for them.

Get a few files for your size chain, get a simple file guide like a Carlton File-O-Plate, and way you go. You'll eventually get good enough at it to freehand it without the guide.

Some cats on here use a magnafying glass and a protractor to get angles and stuff right. But you don't have to get that extravagant to file chains.

Give it a shot! You'll prolly be suprised at the results! :)

Gary

Dang right. Thats some good advice and I liked it. Ive started sharpening my own and have came out good. Heck, its fun. And for me, seein I dont make a livin with saws, fun is what its all about! :cheers:

Hey, I just bought a Stihl ms 361 and it vibrates and kicks like crazy. Springs seem to be intact and working fine. Need help before my brain comes out of my ears, thanks.

I would suggest starting with a single new chain so you can eliminate that. It's something that you will always have a use for as well. If your current chain(s) are chisel maybe try a semi or vice versa so you have both options.

I had the rakers down too far on one of my chains and it chattered and grabbed something fierce.

Wise Ole Tom Hall would probably sell you an additional new chain in order to compare with the actual chain. After all, you need a backup chain anyway.

Easy test.

Edit : diesel pro beat me to it.

A quick thought to the original poster...

Instead of taking your chains to a shop to file. Give hand filing a try yourself. It's not near as hard as you might think. A lot of people start sharpening their own chains with a hand file, and then wonder why they ever paid to have someone do it for them.
Gary
Ya im all for it, i have files that i picked up from the shop, other than tryin to follow the angle on the cutter i really dont know what the hell im doing. Plus with this crazy sharpen job he's got on there now i dont even know if i could file it down. Damn all this bein a newbie haha. Thanks for the advice.

Back