Tool organisation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIMMYTreeWizard

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
How do you guys organise your saws, trimmers etc? We used to just have a selection of saws just that stayed in the truck for all jobs but as we've grown this does not seem to work as well for multiple crews. I am finding gear gets broken and no one knows who broke it, or crews will need a trimmer or large saw that they don't have with them. It has become hard to keep track of where certain tools are. I'm considering issuing a climbing saw to each climber for a start so they can look after it and I will know who's breaking their saw often. This could be taken a step further by issuing trimmers and ground saws as well. Another solution could be designating tools to each vehicle which we kind of do already. Any thoughts? Does anyone run a similar system?

We carved numbers on each saw. Since we have 3 teams (7-8 guys per team) running chainsaws, we also spray painted the saws: green, black or red depending on witch team they belong to. Each employee takes care of his own saw. Each team also has a few extra saws for oversize trees, tree climbing or in case one breaks down.

We carved numbers on each saw. Since we have 3 teams (7-8 guys per team) running chainsaws, we also spray painted the saws: green, black or red depending on witch team they belong to. Each employee takes care of his own saw. Each team also has a few extra saws for oversize trees, tree climbing or in case one breaks down.

Thanks Isna, that's sort of what I was thinking. Are all your teams 7-8 guys or is that just for large jobs. I have found even 4 man teams to be too many for a lot of our jobs with the added inconvenience of not fitting into one truck.

Back