Toolbox for in the woods?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bigblackdodge

bigblackdodge

ArboristSite Operative
Kitty litter pails are square. Would that help?

Philbert

That's what I currently use. A square litter box, top is hinged. Holds a gallon of bar oil, an AMSOIL gallon jug with 50:1 mix, small bottle of mix, files, spare chains, scrench, wrenches & spark plugs. Since the lid hinges I can leave it open and stick extra bars down in it too. Works better than anything I've ever used.

bigblackdodge

bigblackdodge

ArboristSite Operative
Litterbox Woodsbox!

Photos?

Thanks.

Philbert

Here you go Philbert. Just switched to this one, my old one is a gallon shorter that this one. I may look for a shallow divided box in the tacklebox section at WalMart to put my chains, files, & plugs in to make it easier to keep everything separate. There's also a lot more height in this one, so I may just build me a shelf to elevate the bottles and just let the smalls lay on the bottom. You can also cut slots in the lid behind the hinge and slide the bars in that way. They are very useful and very versatile.:msp_smile:

mbergeon

mbergeon

ArboristSite Member
Here's the box I use for firewoodin':

View attachment 266214

View attachment 266215

View attachment 266216

I just added the front shelf to make maintanance, fueling and sharpening easier in the woods.

Plenty of room for two saws, oil, gas, wedges, hatchet, and other gear.

I use this quad to haul the saws, another to pull the splitter to the wood, and a lesco gator to haul wood out of the woods.

View attachment 266220

Usually the loads are a little smaller.

medic8852

medic8852

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Don't have any current pics, but i found an old metal craftsman toolbox at an auction. Top handle with a tray in it. Holds all my tools, files, and extra boxes of chain without a problem. My buddy is powder coating it orange for me.:rock: For the gas/oil, i use an old metal milk crate like one of the other guys use. I have a small craftsman tool bag full of wedges. If you watch sears ads or (ask me for the website) you can sometimes get those toolbags in sets of two for real cheap. I recently got a set of (2) toolbags from sears, a 24" and a 16" for $9 from (ask me for the website, if you want). Bought a bunch of em for storing tools and xmas gifts.

Toad22t

Toad22t

Addicted to ArboristSite
This is my saw box that i put together. It still needs more but its getting there. I paid 20 bucks for the box. I don't carry an extra bar because i figure if I get the get the 3,4 or 5 saws all pinched I will be so pissed that I would need to take a drive to grab another saw or bar and chain. I now just have to get a canvas bag to carry my chaps and helmet in.

bigblackdodge

bigblackdodge

ArboristSite Operative
Nice!

Here's the box I use for firewoodin':

View attachment 266214

View attachment 266215

View attachment 266216

I just added the front shelf to make maintanance, fueling and sharpening easier in the woods.

Plenty of room for two saws, oil, gas, wedges, hatchet, and other gear.

I use this quad to haul the saws, another to pull the splitter to the wood, and a lesco gator to haul wood out of the woods.

View attachment 266220

Usually the loads are a little smaller.

Now THAT....is a saw box my friends! Awesome!
Thanks so much for sharing this, I am working on plans for mine right now! Just gotta find a little spare time & spare change!

Latest posts