Top 20 Excuses for coming in last at a GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who checks the saws to make sure
they are bone stock? Do you build
your own chains?

They had a guy from a local saw shop do it last year at the one show and the other show they just acuse you of cheating if you win. I was questioned with my 681 solo before so I tore it down myself.

I have chains others have filed for me but at these small shows I've been running my own square ground chains. I have 3 chains a guy named Cliff filed for me.

They make a Snap On camera that
will go thru the carb and the spark plug
hole. That you can check the ports and
to see if it has been stroked. We had a
class for the vintage saws for a few
years they was suppose to be stock too
They started getting faster and faster
so we just shut it down.

I've seen the Cameras before. I've always played by the rules. I think it would be hard to get much gains by porting in these races. You have to have a stock exhaust (untouched) so you can't increase your your flow on the exhaust end so you'd always be choked up there.

Dang...

Dang...polar axis shift in mid cut!!!

Dang...X class solar flare blinded me for a sec, caused me to step back and come outta the groove

Dang...some wise guy thought it would be funny to use square channel with a thin laminated on wood veneer surface for a cant...

Dang...who put all these whoopie cushions in my chaps??

Dang...What! You mean this is a race?? I thought we were trying to see how many cuts per tank you could get..I was hypermiling!

Dang...I was wrong! I wasn't using a Yugo brand AM piston, it's a furshlugginer chicom knock off of a Yugo piston!

I've seen the Cameras before. I've always played by the rules. I think it would be hard to get much gains by porting in these races. You have to have a stock exhaust (untouched) so you can't increase your your flow on the exhaust end so you'd always be choked up there.

You can get a lot of gain with out
touching the exhaust

Back