Top handle saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire8

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Gave my ms 201t to one of my sons what should I replace it with

We sell both Echo and Stihl, so far not an Echo close to a 201T or 200T, Echo top handles are good dependable and offer a cheaper way for tree services to go, but the sales are not even close, like 10-1 for Stihl. Just do the Brad Snelling muffle mod on the 201.

We sell both Echo and Stihl, so far not an Echo close to a 201T or 200T, Echo top handles are good dependable and offer a cheaper way for tree services to go, but the sales are not even close, like 10-1 for Stihl. Just do the Brad Snelling muffle mod on the 201.

I did:rock:

How about this a top handle you can do a simple mm and it will hang with a 200 or 201t mod

How about this a top handle you can do a simple mm and it will hang with a 200 or 201t mod

Only ones i know of is a Husky 338xpt or a Jonsered cs2139t nothing else has come close but im not sure about the new Echo 355t i've heard some good things but the jury is still out.

Stihl has a pretty good lock on the top handle market. You'll see a crew with a passel of saws and all of them say Husqvarna on them except the ones that go in the air. The Stihl MS200T has a powerful rep and lots of frowns generated when the 201T replaced it.

Stihl has a pretty good lock on the top handle market. You'll see a crew with a passel of saws and all of them say Husqvarna on them except the ones that go in the air. The Stihl MS200T has a powerful rep and lots of frowns generated when the 201T replaced it.

Thats how i roll, all orange on the ground:msp_thumbup:

I miss my Echo top handle.Great little saw.Got in a tight spot and had to sell it to pay some bills.:mad2:

Agree, Stihl has a lock on top handle saws.

Try the Stihl 192T. It's 2#'s lighter than a 200. Honestly, unless your a pro climber the 192's work very well. Run a 12-14" bar if you want a little more zip out of it.

Gave my ms 201t to one of my sons what should I replace it with

How about the MS201, that way your son has the top handle and you have the rear handle. Tweak it just like Brad (bsnelling) recommends and have fun.

Now if you have a hankering for something a wee bit different, get your hands on a Dolmar 3410TH. Though I hear they're being delisted in NA due to EPA regs.

not impressed with echo's. tried a 360t just not built stout enough. you get what you pay for.

If twas me I'd take it back, give him a pro rear handle set up... he may need his left fingers for nose picking or wedding ring,

I kid :msp_tongue: with honest jest yes as i's not a great fan of top handles I reckon thou shalt only in the hands of proven up tree operators then so you must have good trust in the boys skills..

Back