Top Handles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a perfect one for you, you won't find new,but used are out there, Stihl 009. I have had mine forever, runs great,light,nimble and priced right.

This saw has pruned hundreds of apple trees, handled small jobs with ease and never has given me any headaches.

No its not a pro saw, but it runs and gets the job done nicely.

My 2 cents

I work with a guy like that from time to time. 155 lbs soaking wet and big old mugger hands. I've watched him one hand his 441 and in the other gently drop a 3ft long 10" piece of oak out of his bucket. I'll just keep my big feet, thats all women look at first anyways.

I'm looking for some no BS answers on top handles.

These are specs from each manufacturers websites:

200T
35.2CC, 2.1HP, 8.4lbs

The 200T is 7.9 lbs not 8.4.

http://www.stihlusa.com/chainsaws/MS200T.html

I have snagged two used 200T's off Ebay and both have been great runners and reliable.

See, the specs I pulled are all from each manufacturers Canadian website. And yes I know they are a little different.... Somebody is always lyin!

Theres some vids on you tube from rb tree running his 200t and 2139 or 339 which ever against each other. There's other options than the 200 that are just as good and saves some money.

Echo 340/360T's VS 300T

If you like the 300T, then you'll like the 340/360 even more. Dollar for dollar, not that bad. You'll like the air intake on the rear instead of on the front. Longer use between filter cleaning. Although most of us would take a free 200T most also have a difficult time really justifying one. I have a basket case 192T that will run one day soon and then my 340T may get sent to second string duty. How much is bragging worth, how many hrs per day will the saw be running, what other saw are already in you lineup, how much are any of them worth after they take a bad bounce from 40 or 50 feet or after they unintentionally gets used as a wheel chock are all things that are part of your decision process. What ever you get, enjoy the fact that its yours and that you are the only one that really matters in the decision process.
KEEP IT SHARP and CUT WOOD.

The 200T is the most powerful, durable top-handled saw, though I've not run the others. They do appear to last forever. I have one for sale that has never seen wood, with the new lightweight 14" bar, listed in my sig. Haven't even thought about it for a while. I bet it is new enough to not have the common carb issue. I really like the little screamer. Climbing, trail clearing, camping, you name it. My good buddy has one he bought used 3 years ago, had been used by a tree service for a year then traded. He cuts at least ten cords a year, and uses it for most things. Stihl cuts like a demon.

What is the carb issue with 200T's? When and how was it corrected?

I called around for quotes today.

200T $640
192T $350
338XP $615
360T $335

So that rules out the Husky for me. It will be the Echo or one of the Stihls. I really value durability and longevity in tools so I would prefer to avoid the clamshells. I can swing the 200T money wise and from what I've seen if I take care of it it will hold its value nicely and last me for a very long time. I think if I bought an Echo it would last a long time but never put a grin on my face. We'll see. Still thinkin on it

200T $640
192T $350
338XP $615
360T $335

So that rules out the Husky for me. It will be the Echo or one of the Stihls. I really value durability and longevity in tools so I would prefer to avoid the clamshells. I can swing the 200T money wise and from what I've seen if I take care of it it will hold its value nicely and last me for a very long time. I think if I bought an Echo it would last a long time but never put a grin on my face. We'll see. Still thinkin on it

Well then there you have it. ;)

If its between the 360 and 200, no question about it...... 200T hands down winner. :clap:

Of course you could have put any number you want in place of the 360 and the answer is still the same. ;)

The 200T WILL put a grin on your face, Its just an amazing little saw. I don't want to talk it up and try to make it more than it is... its still a 35cc saw any way you look at it. But the 200T is not considered the industry standard for nothing. When every other manufacturer comes out with a new saw the first thing everybody does is compare it to the 200T... why is that??? Simple, its the best there is at what it does. Some have gotten closer than others but NO ONE has been able to knock the 200T off the hill.

If you can swing it, get it.
:cheers:

350-360T's have the most grunt of the echos, they're a 1.4kw saw with rev-limited coils installed to try and prevent them from blowing themselves to pieces. That they're the gruntiest TH echo is saying nothing because all the other echo TH's are woefully weak and just a fekkin tiresome chore to use. The 360T's lowly 1.4kw also tells you nothing because their power band is tiny and they vibrate like a pig and feel cheap and chintzy compared to the expensive husky and stihl.

360t's aren't half the price for no reason, and at the end of the day they're still just pieces of sh!t when compared to the husky and stihl. The expensive saws do the work for you and are effortless to use. With a cheap echo, YOU do the work, they don't have the instant kick, trigger response or chainspeed and there's just no comparison with those top-dog saws, running an echo all day is like skinning a deer with a blunt knife - hard work! My advice for what it's worth is bite the bullet and splash out the cash on the real deal, you won't regret it, quality is always remembered long after the price is forgotten.

Don't worry guys, I've been leaning towards the 200T from the get go but just wanted make sure all the bases were covered and that there wasn't anything better to consider. I agree completely about buying the best and crying once. It has proven true too many times to count for me. And I enjoy using quality stuff even if I don't 'need' it

I'm still curious what 'issues' 200T's had or have. I've only heard a few rumours alluding to this. Whta was/is the problem? Just curious what was going on and how it was corrected

200T $640
192T $350
338XP $615
360T $335

Last fall you could buy a

200T for 499.99

192T for 249.99

at Russo Power in Schiller Park IL.

Cant find my spring cat for todays prices but betting there close....

It sure is nice having a sister that lives 20min from there and will pick up what ever I want every time she comes up here ...:clap::clap:

Last edited:
I'm still curious what 'issues' 200T's had or have. I've only heard a few rumours alluding to this. Whta was/is the problem? Just curious what was going on and how it was corrected

I believe it mostly is about carb related issues, from what I have read through the years on here (and other forums) - I am no expert though!

Last fall you could buy a

200T for 499.99

192T for 249.99

at Russo Power in Schiller Park IL.

Cant find my spring cat for todays prices but betting there close....

It sure is nice having a sister that lives 20min from there and will pick up what ever I want every time she comes up here ...:clap::clap:

I'm quoting Canadian prices eh.

Even when the dollar is at par it's still more expensive here:)

Back