TOPPED MAPLES !!!! and willow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
This is an annoucment
toppedmaples001.jpg

For the transcendental run
toppedmaples002.jpg

The train now standing
toppedmaples003.jpg

Leaves for higher plains
toppedmaples004.jpg

Due to a derailment
toppedmaples005.jpg

There will be no other train
toppedmaples006.jpg

So why not hop on this one
toppedmaples007.jpg

Ya hear the porter's loud refrain?
toppedmaples008.jpg

Each carriage is connected
toppedmaples009.jpg

As with any other train
toppedmaples013.jpg

The rails form a track
toppedmaples012.jpg

Which is a link within the chain
toppedmaples011.jpg

The chain is connected
toppedmaples010.jpg

To another chain
toppedmaples016.jpg

You don't need a ticket
toppedmaples015.jpg

If you wish to ride on this train
toppedmaples014.jpg

ALL ABOARD THE EXPRESS KUNDALINI !

Thats not that bad, I've seen worse. A couple of them look like they wouldnt be bad reductions if you fixed the stubs.
Seen worse around here lately, lol.

Thats not that bad, I've seen worse. A couple of them look like they wouldnt be bad reductions if you fixed the stubs.
Seen worse around here lately, lol.

Stubs? WHERE!!!? Omigosh! Really?
By the time I got to the last tree everybody was pretty much sick and tired of me too. So they just left me alone, soon I forgot what they said about " Lower,lower" and just did the reduction.
They wanted em hatracked but I talked em out of it. The willows just got spiked and the dead tops sped out of the gulley.
I didn't take off any lower limbs, it was done before and the one really decayed looking top job was done previously. I didn't touch that one.
2 easy days with all trees rope climbing. I was just the climber on this one and it was bid for hatracking which would have been a lot faster. Still got it done and everybody was real happy. Most likey if it would have been my job I would have gotten a bucket.
I just showed up and the groundies said " They want em topped by a third." I said" Really? We are gonna have to see about that and by the way, which one of you is holding?"
More like a day and a half if I recall correctly. I did it in the spring.

Last edited:
2nd post decent-looking reduction job-:clap: -you reach all those with a handsaw or use a pole too?

Kundalini, as in the energy coiled at the base of the spine, which can rise like a cobra out of a basket with the right toot of a flute, or up through the 7th chakra with mantra and pranayama and asana?

Treemandan gone from quoting Dylan to speaking transcendental Sanskrit; this site is getting heavy man. :rockn: :wave:

I'm going with the pole, hence all the dog ears. I figure the dan
just got up as high as he could and polesawed them ends right up.

It really is nice to just use your own judgement in a tree, I hate it
when homeowners try and tell you how to trim a tree, hear that.
Its sort of like a zen up there when I prune sometimes, even though
I hate it, lol.

Strive for perfection in every cut. Believe it or not thats what I do.

2nd post decent-looking reduction job-:clap: -you reach all those with a handsaw or use a pole too?

Kundalini, as in the energy coiled at the base of the spine, which can rise like a cobra out of a basket with the right toot of a flute, or up through the 7th chakra with mantra and pranayama and asana?

Treemandan gone from quoting Dylan to speaking transcendental Sanskrit; this site is getting heavy man. :rockn: :wave:

I thought the poem was fitting.

You are disintegrating
Into evrything around
Reintegrating the worm
We dug from higher ground
You have let go of ego
Ego is no longer you
You are closer to Nirvana
Since the porter's whistle blew... yeah just seemed to fit. Right?

No, that was done mostly by the 20. A pole clip here and there. Of course it could have been better, I am sorry but that was all the time we had. They really wanted it hacked back and run through the chipper. We had a little overtime on it since I had decided not to. Jees, no wonder i can't hold a job! It really is in my nature to do the opposite of what I am told. maybe that's a good thing?:)

I'm going with the pole, hence all the dog ears. I figure the dan
just got up as high as he could and polesawed them ends right up.

It really is nice to just use your own judgement in a tree, I hate it
when homeowners try and tell you how to trim a tree, hear that.
Its sort of like a zen up there when I prune sometimes, even though
I hate it, lol.

Strive for perfection in every cut. Believe it or not thats what I do.

Polesaw? I know the dog ears were a little long but it was i was rushing cause my "BOSS" had charged for the hatrack. And that can be fun too... hatracking that is. Its like doing the fun part of a TD, like a Rob Roy but no sidecar.

Dan last warning, keep using that language and I am going to ban you.:greenchainsaw:

I get that a lot.

It was also the name one one of the guys in the motorcycle gang in MAD MAX. He was the one getting friendly with the mannaquin on the beach.

Long live The Night Rider!!!!

That word means what a man does to a women to get her up to speed in order to reach maximum standization.

Now I am going to get banned. :censored:

Well, then get with the program..get two, get em modded......

then they'll impress ya!

I have the timed cut results somewhere. Just a muffler mod results in 25-30% faster cuts....

Back