Total Weight of MS 661 VS Husky 562 VS MS 441 with all liquids

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears that the 661 is 18.4 lbs with all fluids and no bar and chain. I don't know what length bar, but the other thread attributed the bar and chain to 3.5 lbs with a total weight of 22 lbs.

562xp filled with 24" techlite bar and chain 18.6 lbs

Looks like it is only 3.5 lbs to go from a 60cc saw to a 90 cc saw.

Thinking about having the 562xp and 661 M Tronic. I know one is Stihl and one Husky. I like them both.

Anyone know the weight of a 441 filled with fluids, bar and chain?
My MS 441 (Pre M-Tronic) weights 18.5 lbs on a traditional scale with 20" bar and chain and full of gas & oil

At the end of a 14 hr day, wouldn't a 50% increase in engine size and power allow you to cut 50% more wood? Seems like 20% more weight would be worth it. I know, I know, the amount of wood cut is dependent on conditions, but if you're in wood large enough for a MS 661 C-M with 28" ES LIGHT, I can't see how a 562 XPAT would even be in the same conversation.

No. You would be surprised as to how little time you are actually running the saw in the cut. I know when cutting fire wood two tanks of fuel is a day for me and I spend the rest of the day splitting and staking. I would even imagine someone doing nothing but bucking all day would only spend 30-40% of the time in wood. So even if 50% more more power got you 50 percent quicker time in cut it only equates to 15-20 percent more wood and only if YOU don't have to deal with that extra wood you cut.

No. You would be surprised as to how little time you are actually running the saw in the cut. I know when cutting fire wood two tanks of fuel is a day for me and I spend the rest of the day splitting and staking. I would even imagine someone doing nothing but bucking all day would only spend 30-40% of the time in wood. So even if 50% more more power got you 50 percent quicker time in cut it only equates to 15-20 percent more wood and only if YOU don't have to deal with that extra wood you cut.
If that's the case, then your not lugging a saw around for the whole day, it's sitting on the ground. But when your actually cutting, your ripping through like no tomorrow.

Sounds like a bigger saw is even better in your scenario because you can take breaks from holding it.

For me i like a saw that is smooth,easy to use with no fuss,if blocking 5 to 6 hrs per day using between 15 to 18 tanks of fuel we use ported 441C MTronics.
While my mates goes and get another length i block the bit that was in the log grab and then get on each end and start again,this takes minemal effort and supprising how much you can get done per day.

9611 178.jpg 9611 184.jpg

You need to focus on empty PHO weights. That is a baseline number that can be compared. Adding fuel, oil, bars, and chains makes the numbers moot.

BTW, a 441 weighs 15lbs, dry PHO.

Absolutely - and the are no 24" Techlite bars - at least not yet?

Latest posts

Back