Tractors and Trailers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay; here's a little wagon I remodeled for getting in and out of the woods with a small load.
b1a1.jpg

16' trailer that I can really load up if there is enough room to navigate the woods. Usually pull it with a truck but 2 days ago I was using my compact tractor. IMG_20131126_155712_608.jpg

Jeff- Yup Ariens GT 17. It is 31 years old. :)

Bought it a few years back for the mower and snowblower (48" 2 stage blower), but the gearbox on the deck was shot. So ended getting zero turn.
Then welded the receiver tube on the draw bar so i could pull the log splitter and trailer and lawn roller around. :)

At some point I want to get a NH Boomer 30 with backhoe size tractor, but in the mean time the ole Ariens is doing a good job pulling things around.

Those old Ariens are work horses!

I have a 4wd 38hp Kubota for skidding logs. But this is may main wood getter. 94 Toyota that'll go almost anywhere the tractor will and no need for the trailer. I need to get a shot of it loaded...

DSCN0097.JPG
I have more pics, the bed removes with one pin and an 8000 lb hydraulic winch plugs in.
Also has a home made hydraulic capstan winch mounted behind the seat, their is also a
vertical splitter that fastens to the front frame, no pics of that though. All hydraulic implements
are powered with remotes off the Case tractor .
Jim

Last edited:
Jim, that thing is AWESOME! It's exactly what I need. That there is some good ole fashioned Yankee engineering! Thanks for posting the pictures, you know we love pictures! I like the pivot (front c complete with balljoints) what's it off? You need to start a thread with some build info. :)

DSCN0013.JPG
Jim, that thing is AWESOME! It's exactly what I need. That there is some good ole fashioned Yankee engineering! Thanks for posting the pictures, you know we love pictures! I like the pivot (front c complete with balljoints) what's it off? You need to start a thread with some build info. :)
Dave
The steering knuckle is off the front end of an old jeep, hydraulic ram hooks onto the steering arm. Rear section of the tractor bolts onto where the
front tire would normally be. Thats what gives it full articulation. Case 200 and 400 series tractors are all hydraulic drive with high and low range built
into the rear end. Hook some hydraulic hoses from the front end to the rear end and you have 4 wheel drive ! Steering wheel only turns about an inch
or so each way and activates what used to be the hydraulic implement lift, which now connects to the hydraulic steering ram.
Jim

Latest posts

Back