Trailer stolen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeJunkie

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Had my trailer stolen yesterday morning. 12 foot single axle w/ 4 foot high expanded steel sides and gate.
They even had the balls to do it in broad daylight. It was at the lot at 8 a.m. and gone when i stopped back at 12:45.

Kinda sucks, instead of buying a stumper this week i'll be buying a new trailer instead. Probobally upgrade to a 10-12k lb hyd. dumper.

This is the first piece of equip i've had stolen and i'm telling you it's not a good feeling. :cry:

Thieves suck. Did you have insurance against theft?? Broad daylight does not surprise me...my parents' neighbour two weeks ago had their SUV stolen between 330 and 530 pm from their front driveway. now that is ballsy.

Did you have a trailer lock on it? I put a trailer lock on my dump trailer. I see too many envious people when I take it to the green waste yard. Not that it would stop a determined thief, but it would make it a lot harder and certainly deter an opportunist.

Geez i feel like an idiot- No it wasn't insured, and it did not have a lock on it. Since i've become much more paranoid about all items.

Brandon, I'll get you a pic as soon as i can. Thanks for keeping an eye out in your neck of the woods.

In the meantime, a good verbal desc. would do too. It's quite possible that your trailer ended up on my side of the river, so I'll keep an eye out.

Back