Tree Lopper Rescue: What would you do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com
Reaction score
Another forum user posted this story a few days ago elsewhere. Turns out there is a story link and a video link.

Tree Lopper - HARNESS BREAKS

And the VIDEO link next ...

Tree Lopper - HARNESS BREAKS video / rescue

If you were stuck in the same position, would you do the same thing?

What stands out in this scenerio to you?

One part that was sort of odd, was the man helping him get his pants on. Maybe he got an injury and was not able to bend over to pull them up.

Last edited:
Another forum user posted this story a few days ago elsewhere. Turns out there is a story link and a video link.

What stands out in this scenerio to you?

A couple things:
a) the man's underwear matches the rest of his outfit
b) no visible PPE
c) the tree is dead
d) no groundman was able to climb up and help him. Was he working alone?
e) I guess he wasn't able to hold on with one hand and reach down with the other to pull up his pants.

That would suck, but it is very funny. Hope the guy has a good sense of humor.

I can not imagine how that happened. He must have been using much different gear from mine or any that I have ever seen used.

RedLineIt...hahaha I died when I read that.

As for getting your pants outside of your saddles leg strapes...?? Maybe he found a cavity up there just the right size....

broken saddle

must have been one of them old weavers from the 1970's. poeple need to give up there old junk and get some new stuff.

Why couldn't the guy have pulled up his pants as he went down the ladder?!

And I'm confused, if the harness broke, where would it break to pull his pants down? If the "belt" broke, the guy would have fallen due to the fact he was probably arched back. If the legs straps broke, he would have slipped down and he would have gottten a wedgie, not had his pants pulled off. How did this actually happen?

Latest posts

Back