tree monkeys 2153 deluxe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but Totals are cheaper and the 'light n tough' is tough but not exactly light. Treemonkey has not skimped on removing the wieght, for the same reason l would start with a Total as the blank. l know they would not be as sturdy, but certainly light. Its a compromise Tsumura won't make, but an enthusiast will.

What is the weight of your lightened bar, then I can compare it with a Tsumura light bar, the Tsumura lights are lighter than an Oregon pro light laminate bar.

Dave.

What is the weight of your lightened bar, then I can compare it with a Tsumura light bar, the Tsumura lights are lighter than an Oregon pro light laminate bar.

Dave.

I believe that is true with 12t nose bars in .325 - but that isn't what I want in .325, and wish Tsumura would make 10t ones with a "normal" dl count, for such bars. ;)

As it is, I prefere the laminated Norwegian made Husky bars, for such applications - they are lighter than the Oregon made ones, with the same configuration.

It isn't because they are stellar, but they are light - and cheap enough to change out as needed.

The reason I do it is lack of better options for 50cc saws.....

I believe that is true with 12t nose bars in .325 - but that isn't what I want in .325, and wish Tsumura wound make 10t ones with a "normal" dl count, for such bars. ;)

As it is, I prefere the laminated Norwegian made Husky bars, for such applications - they are lighter than the Oregon made ones, with the same configuration.

It isn't because they are stellar, but they are light - and cheap enough to change out as needed.

I could have made up some bars in different configurations, I just need to know what people want or need. Tsumura has laminate lightweight bars as well as a bunch of others that I have not ordered made as of yet. If the MS200 T saw was still on top, I would have liked to make a light bar for them, as mainly it is the pros who will pay more for a premium bar.

Dave

I believe that is true with 12t nose bars in .325 - but that isn't what I want in .325, and wish Tsumura would make 10t ones with a "normal" dl count, for such bars. ;)

this is the slim narrow nose bar

Dave.
l can only give you weights of sugi light & stihl lights (thats what l have in light bars) as it was treemonkey that modified the total in this thread. I too would like too see it on scales before/after modification.
I could have made up some bars in different configurations, I just need to know what people want or need. Tsumura has laminate lightweight bars as well as a bunch of others that I have not ordered made as of yet. If the MS200 T saw was still on top, I would have liked to make a light bar for them, as mainly it is the pros who will pay more for a premium bar.

Dave
I have 201/200t and polesaw with stihl lights in 10" 12" & 14"and they are great l even put them on echo/makita top handles keeping the saws light and well balanced. I wish stihl made the 10" in 050 as well as 043. At present you can only get 12"+ in 050. AS has 'pro saw mentality' and many seek top of the range stuff, but l would love to see more of Tsumuras laminated bars both light and standard. I have a 12" Total on a ms200t that's laminated and its been good quality. The main reason this thread interests me is l have 4 total bars that have earned their keep but still in serviceable condition that would be good candidates for this modd. I think if you ordered some T/H Tsumura light bars members would buy them if they were not to dear and a sensible option. Sugi make light pro bars in 3005 mount but the ones l have seen are over $100! I think laminated light T/H bars could be sold cheaper than solids and made lighter.

I see that Tsumura has a 10 tooth 325 tip slim ZK light bar that would may be to your liking, but would that be a popular bar? Sometimes it is like carving bars, carvers all have their own preferences and there is no one basic bar, but a variety used.

Dave.

I see that Tsumura has a 10 tooth 325 tip slim ZK light bar that would may be to your liking, but would that be a popular bar? Sometimes it is like carving bars, carvers all have their own preferences and there is no one basic bar, but a variety used.

Dave.

What is wanted obviously varies a lot, but .325 bars that are based on 11t nose 3/8" bars makes no sense to me. It may be otherwise to others though, nothing is cast in stone!

Hey Scott, can you explain to me why you raised the floor on the intake to reduce intake duration? My mind is trying to understand why.
You have a bigger carb, flowing more air, larger transfers, larger exhaust, and you are decreasing the intake size/duration.

Hey Scott, can you explain to me why you raised the floor on the intake to reduce intake duration? My mind is trying to understand why.
You have a bigger carb, flowing more air, larger transfers, larger exhaust, and you are decreasing the intake size/duration.
You kind of said it in your question what the answer is.

Why bother with the hda199 carb then if the saw can't "swallow" or move more air? Why reduce the stock intake port size to less than what it could do with a choked up exhaust, little transfers and the zama carb?
Sorry for being thick but I'm not getting it

Latest posts

Back