Tree Pedo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
Reaction score
Anyone tried it yet?

Treepedo_160_fork.jpg

http://www.treepedo.com/

$120 shipped :jawdrop:

I wonder how much it weighs? (couldn't find it on the site)

Looks interesting.

I guess there have been a few times where I would have paid "to have had that" when the throw line is stuck in the tree.

The times I am stuck are more often because the line wrapped back around itself than the weight getting stuck in a crotch.

I'd hate to be in the way that thing on its way back down.

I could see it being useful, but certainly want to let other people figure out if it is first.

I had actually been thinking about something along these lines for isolation, not shot. Like Dan, I think the sacks are better for the shot-line,the deformation that style of weight allows seems much safer.

Now I'll have to think up something different. Allwasy the usher, never a groom. :laugh:

Its one of those thing that you all of the sudden wish you really had one day cause it will do what you need and then never need it again. I don't feel right about launching a metal projectile into orbit. The bags are bad enough and YES they are a little more forgiving when the come back down.

won't fit through it.

Yes, but can you through it through a crotch? AHHH! See?:greenchainsaw:

I dunno bout that thing, looks like its gonna hurt something. Great idea though but I will stick to my ball sacks.

but it will eliminate it.

looks like a female apparatus

yes its easy to see that having that tool on the jobsite would be counter-productive; we could go all day with the Treepedo. Just hope no-one sneaks it home for any extracurricular activity. I am offended just looking at the thing.

Its one of those thing that you all of the sudden wish you really had one day cause it will do what you need and then never need it again.

I think i could use something like that a few times a month. Teusday we had a sugar maple where the perfect tie-in was very tight and included. Just could not get the hitch to go through.

It is probably milled as a specialty item, which increases the cost dramatically. Then there is the whole Dollar Issue and excise on imported metal goods. The Canadian dollar is near parity, last i heard.

I have seen another climber curse blue when he tried to catch a 16oz throwbag from 20 metres or so. Imagine what your hand would look like if you were nutty enough to try and catch that one.:jawdrop:

When i used slick line, I had the bag catch on a bark flake on a red oak. It was around 30 ft up and 10 ft away. I had enough time to turn around as it snapped back and cracked a lower rib. I was sore for months.

JPS: you could look at this in light of your injury 2 ways:

1) The Treepedo would not have gotten snagged and you, therefore, would not have had to pull it hard enough to make it fly back at you.

2) If the Treepedo hit you like the bag did, you may well have been impailed.

I'm sure they would steer you to #1...and they are probably mostly right.

If you are getting snagged in co doms with a bag then you likely do not want to try to put a climbing/rigging line in there anyway.

Imagine that thing hitting into a slate roof. A repair on them starts in the thousands of dollars.

Latest posts

Back