Tree Trimmers Insurence

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dh1984

Hard worker
Reaction score
can anyone recondmend a place that has cheap insurence for Tree Trimming? i'm looking to pay month to month untill i get started up good then switch year to year.i'm in Luttrell Tn and i don't know what to look for to get started looking for insurence.

I would just call an insurance agent in your area and tell em what you wanna do and just go from there.

Oh ok i''m goin to be calling some places tomarrow and see what i can come up with.what is the lowest coverage can i go with?

LOL i knew that but i'm talking about the lowest coverage for like houses and stuff incase they get damaged some how.will 100,000 coverage work or will i have to have more then that.

well i'm not planning on doin any damage at all.but incase soemthing happens will a 100,000 cover it or would have to go to more then that?

oh ok thanks i'll call around and see what i can get it for month to month untill i get up to where i can afford it year to year.

I think you may find most insurance companies won't write it for less than .5 mil to 1 million and you're gonna have to go with a year minumum. They may let you make monthly payments for a small fee.

Find an independent broker to serve you with adequate coverage.

Be patient and diligent as you shop. My broker, a local independent, got my coverage arranged with MedJames Insurance. The coverage limit is $300K per incident, $600K aggregate per year. Premium cost will be based on the equipment you include in your policy. If you need to make payments you will probably have to pay 1/3 of it to start and the remainder on a payment schedule for a small fee. Do not let your payment be late...that fee is high. If you have a payroll, they may also insist that your worker's comp insurance is paid to date. This is a large expense for our industry but it goes with the territory of danger, risk and service. I have had liability since 2007 and never had to use the policy thank God. Good luck!

oh ok thanks Treetop i'll see what i can do i'm not goin to put my saws or my truck on there. they are already covered by my truck insurence.but i'll see what i can get a policy for.but thanks for the help hopfully i'll get it pretty cheap. because i don't have any traffic tickets or anything yet. and i just have one 2 other people working with me. one groundsman and the other is traffic control.and i don't have no bucket truck or chipper yet so it should be pretty cheap.

What kind of insrenace are you looking to get? There's at least 3 different kinds you should have and 2 of them have nothing to do with your driving record:dizzy:

What kind of insurance are you looking to get? There's at least 3 different kinds you should have and 2 of them have nothing to do with your driving record:dizzy:

well I'm looking for the least expensive policy to get that don't cost a arm and a leg.like the most i've checked on they wanted like 500 a month and i know they is something a lot cheaper then that

Last edited:
What KIND ? Commercial truck Insurance? Liability Insurance? Workers Comp Insurance? Disability Insurance? Equipment Insurance? :msp_tongue:

well i was look for liability insurance i already got workmans comp

With age and experience we learn that cheap insurance is a waste of money.

Jeff is right...lets spell insurance correctly.
I may be an old dinosaur (70) in this industry yet I feel young at heart with only 19 years of experience. "dh1984" you stay tuned to this site every evening. Read the threads of problems and challenges that the commercial arborists deal with. You will soon change your outlook about insurance. One bad accident could clean you out of everything you have worked for. Man...you don't need that to happen. Look at Youtube for crane accidents. Those accidents are convincing to me to be protected, be safe and be careful in my estimates.
Good luck in your search for liability insurance.

That's interesting when you quoted me it spelled insurance correctly???

thanks Treetop but i was watching on youtube where a feller was pulled though a wood chipper. and was killed and no one knew it untill they got to looking for him.but thats one thing i am not goin to get is a chipper or a bucket truck. it's too much hasel to mess with. i'm the only one that is going to climb and trim the trees.and the limbs i cut off will be lowered to the ground to be cut up and then loaded on the trailer to be hauled off to my place to be used for fire wood LOL.but i'll look around and see what i can do about the insurance though.

thanks Treetop but i was watching on youtube where a feller was pulled though a wood chipper. and was killed and no one knew it untill they got to looking for him.but thats one thing i am not goin to get is a chipper or a bucket truck. it's too much hasel to mess with. i'm the only one that is going to climb and trim the trees.and the limbs i cut off will be lowered to the ground to be cut up and then loaded on the trailer to be hauled off to my place to be used for fire wood LOL.but i'll look around and see what i can do about the insurance though.

A chipper is too much hassle? Seriously? :msp_ohmy:

well too much cost to run it and it would make the insurance rates go up and everything.but i know i'm not going to to get one to use because if something did happen i couldn't live with my self if something like someone getting pulled or sucked in it.and killed like a littel kid or some one

Latest posts

Back