Tree work credit card scam

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually they overpay beforehand (fraudulent) then you refund them (real). Never to be heard from again.

Just got another from 720-523-5254:
Hello my name is micheal scott,do you do tree removal service and stump ridging do you accept credit card if if so text me asap

I replied:
Michael, my name is Dwight Schrut. I am the Assistant to the Regional Manager. My boss said we do not take credit cards. We do, however, offer the best stump ridging available.
So this is funny.

That was posted in 2016. As far as I can recall, that is the only time I ever told somebody I was Dwight. I STILL get texts and phone calls for Dwight - got one just last week. Apparently, there is some scammer/spammer network selling names and #'s. At least it is good to know whichever spammer bought that # got scammed on it.🤣

If you are interested in how some of the scams work, watch some of the YouTube videos posted by guys that bait the scammers , Jim Browning, Scammer Payback, and Kitboga are some of the top rated videos.

Back