Treemandan took it up the "rear" today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you would.

Yup they are not doing me no good but I did save them and they are good. I put them on cl once got a bunch of spam and decided I would just hold em till someone needed them. Come take a road trip. I may let ya climb one of my pines pay you and send you home with the parts for your truck.

Yup they are not doing me no good but I did save them and they are good. I put them on cl once got a bunch of spam and decided I would just hold em till someone needed them. Come take a road trip. I may let ya climb one of my pines pay you and send you home with the parts for your truck.

I couldn't make the trip but if I could I would.

Yeah that CL is crazy. If you want to advertise on it only put your phone number.

I found a half shaft up here for 100 bucks. Hope to have it running again shortly.

I couldn't make the trip but if I could I would.

Yeah that CL is crazy. If you want to advertise on it only put your phone number.

I found a half shaft up here for 100 bucks. Hope to have it running again shortly.

That should do it just make sure the spiders are ok I feel it was just turning but there could be something else wrong:cheers:

That should do it just make sure the spiders are ok I feel it was just turning but there could be something else wrong:cheers:

The shaft is back in. Its now pouring down rain so I thought I'd take a break.
I got the broken stub out of the carrier by poking through the other side with a thin plant stake then jacked the right side up and gravity helped. I fished around in there with some magnets ( the break was more towards the outside) and pulled out more shrapnel, then made an extension for the shop vac and stuck that in there. I pulled the cover and it looked clean so all that is left is to put the cover back on and the driveshaft back in and fill it up.
I knew I should have unlocked those hubs. I actually do drive in low lock with the hubs locked on dry pavement. When backing the chipper up steep hills but I don't think I will be doing that anymore. I thought it was Ok as long as I didn't turn the rudder to much and was going pretty much straight and slow.

The shaft is back in. Its now pouring down rain so I thought I'd take a break.
I got the broken stub out of the carrier by poking through the other side with a thin plant stake then jacked the right side up and gravity helped. I fished around in there with some magnets ( the break was more towards the outside) and pulled out more shrapnel, then made an extension for the shop vac and stuck that in there. I pulled the cover and it looked clean so all that is left is to put the cover back on and the driveshaft back in and fill it up.
I knew I should have unlocked those hubs. I actually do drive in low lock with the hubs locked on dry pavement. When backing the chipper up steep hills but I don't think I will be doing that anymore. I thought it was Ok as long as I didn't turn the rudder to much and was going pretty much straight and slow.

Yo dude, you should come out to Kansas and have some of the local brew. Really good stuff!

Latest posts

Back