Treepedo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) How much does it weigh?

2) I have more problems with the string wrapping around itself. Or, worse yet, the throw weight flipping up and over a branch then wrapping around the line.

Seems like a good idea, but not sure it solves the most common problems i face. Good luck with sales. I always want to see people do well (especially fellow arborists), but not sure I am on board here...

2) I have more problems with the string wrapping around itself. Or, worse yet, the throw weight flipping up and over a branch then wrapping around the line.

Seems like a good idea, but not sure it solves the most common problems i face. Good luck with sales. I always want to see people do well (especially fellow arborists), but not sure I am on board here...

Absolutely. Your scenarios are the more common, as most guys I know detach their bags on retrievals or when pulling up a rope. It does not matter if you are using a bag or treepedo. The results of a weight going around a limb a few times will be the same, with line lock-up, and you will need to get out another bag/treepedo or whatever.

Weight is now down to 9.2 ounces and you can custom build it to approximately fourteen with the addition of metal rod. I just picked up some brass and SS rod and will weigh them this week so you will no your maximum potential weight.
The string wrapping from my experience happens when pulling the throw bag out of a sticky bit and it catapults out and the string recoils and gathers catching on limbs and hanging the bag up.
The treepedo tends to slide out of most obstacles and then drop so there is less of the recoil and gathering of the string. So where the bag tends to catapult the treepedo tends to slide out.
Limb wraps occurr with less frequency because its smooth tapered point allows it to navigate the crown like a fish but I have experience a few limb wraps so the treepedo is much easier to free up because the pressure and friction point is so small 1/8" square where with the throw bag you have to deal with the ring and the webbing and the bag forming around the line and a much greater area of contact and friction. The string is also a factor the more elastic it is the more recoil and gathering. I have used them all and find they are all excellent at different things. Yellow poly slides the best but is stretchy, zing it and fling is light and strong but not nearly as slippery. I use the fling it types mostly because it is the easist to store in my small collapsible pale other wise for me the slippery the better.
Hope this helps.:cheers:

Absolutely. Your scenarios are the more common, as most guys I know detach their bags on retrievals or when pulling up a rope. It does not matter if you are using a bag or treepedo. The results of a weight going around a limb a few times will be the same, with line lock-up, and you will need to get out another bag/treepedo or whatever.

The video on the web site shows a limb wrap and limb wrap with line/throw bag cross over. I was able to pull the Treepedo out with my own weight. The line I was using is the 1.75 dyneema. I suggest retrieving the treepedo on a missed shot because its smooth tapered points make it easy to do so, same with isolating your TIp. Whats the point of having throw bag you can't retrieve and expect it to isolate your TIP. Treepedo does both smooth and easy as well as smooths the throw line and access rope connection knot, plus a pull handle and end line security knot smooth over.

With my well documented bad throwing skills, how is the treepedo any easier to throw? Seriously.

Not so seriously...
Who wants to watch me flail about with 10oz of metal instead of a soft bag...anyone? Funny...very quiet, even the seagulls are hiding...:)

With my well documented bad throwing skills, how is the treepedo any easier to throw? Seriously.

Not so seriously...
Who wants to watch me flail about with 10oz of metal instead of a soft bag...anyone? Funny...very quiet, even the seagulls are hiding...:)

Soft bag filled with metal can still do alot of damage. The Treepedo with the new soft foam sleeve is the safest option plus all of its benefits already mentioned makes it a wise investment .:cheers:

I'm glad devo posted a pic of that thing, as I thought the title referred to something else. I dropped a big dead locust - straight as a telephone pole and solid as concrete - on a steep mountain slope once. It hit the ground and shot down the hollow butt end first like a rocket-propelled torpedo. Never did get that one back.

You guys got a word for that? Other than "somebody else got my firewood" (through their back door).

Latest posts

Back