Trees that do not exceed 15' @ maturity

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawn_l_braswell

Reaction score
We own a RV Park in Milledgeville, Georgia that is located on Lake Sinclair.. Most of the land is under power lines that belong to Georgia Power so we can not plant any trees that exceed 15' at maturity..

We would like these trees to offer some sort of shade for our tenters (it is just a big open field). I know we can not get too much over head shade from something that short but maybe they will provide some.

Can I get some suggestions as to what kind of trees to plant and of these trees what will grow the fastest???

Thank You,

Dawn Braswell

Fast growing trees that reach no more than 15 feet ? That might be impossable. How about fruit trees, Im sure peaches grow in Georgia. With fruit trees maybe the people in the RV park might take care of them also.

Wax Myrtles. Very little care required, they grow wild here in wetter areas but can grow in drier ground once established.

Small Trees

I must concur with treeclimber165. Wax Myrtles are GREAT - and almost impossible to kill. They can grow up to 20 - 25 feet but can be pruned any time, any where. They offer more privacy and more shade than any shrub I've ever seen and back in the days of Colonial times, they were planted around plantation houses because of their nack for keeping fleas away.

I dug up about 20 from the woods (they grow like weeds in S. Carolina) and transplanted them. None of them died and our soil is more like molding clay. HORRIBLE.

Latest posts

Back