Treeslaying Illinois style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
treeslayer

treeslayer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Treeclinber Family Reunion.

We met today on a homeowners property that some buddies, (and me) have been maintaining for a loooong time. I have worked on and off for 20 odd years with these guys, all memorable.

Curry, the climber in the pics, started in this yard 18 years ago. Bernie, owner of B-Rite tree, has had it for 8-10 years. I've been helping out for 3 myself.

The ideal HO, very wealthy, $$ thousands a year in pruning and fertilizing, Lightning protection and occasional removals. anal about clean-up, but in a good way, ya know?

Curry took the big poplar removal. I had to carve out a drop zone by pruning a red bud and a river birch, and I worked the camera and the saw,
mike, (a climber as well) ran the rope thru the porta wrap. we had 2 BADA$$ mexican guys, who did ALL the grunt work.
Was like perfect cohesion, a dream team. 4 climbers, 2 outstanding movers, and the absent paying customer who trusts us implicitly.

The Poplar.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Normsworld

Normsworld

ArboristSite Member
Felt good to back in ol' Virginia, didn't it , Slayer ? Weathers been right decent .What part of town was this job ? Looks familiar , Queens Lake , weird sculpture in the entrance , iron gate to the house?
Love the thread ! Killer , I mean KILLER photos ! Thanks for taking my mind of crap I got goin on .

Last edited:
Normsworld

Normsworld

ArboristSite Member
attachment.php

you guessed it Norm. I'll call you later today.

Small world, I bid that job !! NOT !! I have trouble cutting me a Christmas tree ! I been doin their plumbing for years . One of a kind house , every thing custom design , you can't buy the light switches in town . The main house , three levels , all windows on the back overlooking the river ,yet only one bedroom. Guess so the Slayer won't ask to spend the night ! Mechanical room like a hospital . They don't play when it comes to that crib and rightly so . Nice couple . This adds a lot to your rep in my book . They know everybody , it's not like they you guys called from a flyer in the mailbox . I was supposed to finish up some things there couple months ago , ooops .........forgot when the wife's cancer got worse , hope I didn't piss them off.

Normsworld

Normsworld

ArboristSite Member
on a different subject, check these bada$$ guys out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oyk6m2P-H4

Toba Inlet , British Columbia ! I took my 82 VW camper on a walkabout near there few years back .Twice . I would take the logging roads into the woods and camp . Wake up finding HUGE bear prints around the van . Had to hide them from the wife , think it might spoil the romancin' in the evening ! Always took a fishing pole on the trips , next time I should take spikes and a MS 200 . LOL !

Latest posts