Trencher converted to mini skidder?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blueprints are for mass production intended to be drawn up after the awesomeness of the prototype was fully achieved. Lol
You are my new favorite person! You're awesome! Lol I needed that right now. Having a rough start to my day personally... Headed to a Dr appointment actually right now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

24935010f6e7bdfd1504198ac1e33a4d.jpg
7896690e1ba9e5d36b15e0548f9922df.jpg
c3af08cd7bad096dbce2dbd97a1e5a06.jpg
640b8bb8f9f25658e1d79f1ca8d71a96.jpg
e3a37082aae2bf3c5187506c1deaa78e.jpg
8e987fe9e9c960c7a0315b76c7a97f28.jpg
a9b711bdab34ef31b2dcc560fd98534f.jpg
7ca8f2265ad8f1c3d8d52fea6f2cb99e.jpg

WOW! That has got to be the coolest thing I have ever seen on AS. Video Pls ASAP.
quick question: Maybe you posted it, but what kind of light do you have mounted on that skidder? Seems to have an impressive out put.

WOW! That has got to be the coolest thing I have ever seen on AS. Video Pls ASAP.
quick question: Maybe you posted it, but what kind of light do you have mounted on that skidder? Seems to have an impressive out put.
Haha thanks, as soon as I get video I'll post it for sure. The lights are just some cheap driving lights from auto parts store. They have standard H1 halogen high output bulbs nothing special. Same bulb many off road/driving/flood lights use. They are pretty effective for what they are.

I'll admit, this build has started me looking at CL for a used trencher. For the price Im seeing, I might as well buy a tractor though.

some folks have all the luck.:rock2:
I only buy things that are a smoking deal whether I need them or not. Sometimes I don't need them until I create a need lmao or I sell things I got a deal on and make good side money doing that.

VIDEO yet?
Sorry my grandmother left us Saturday and it's been raining here nonstop last 24 hours anyway. We bury her tomorrow. My mind isn't really on the skidder at the moment. It's done until field tested. I've used the blade a lot already though. Handy machine for my long sloped/curved gravel driveway that washes out.

Sorry my grandmother left us Saturday and it's been raining here nonstop last 24 hours anyway. We bury her tomorrow. My mind isn't really on the skidder at the moment. It's done until field tested. I've used the blade a lot already though. Handy machine for my long sloped/curved gravel driveway that washes out.

SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. My mom's mom is all that remains of my grandparents and she has dementia. My condolences to you and your family.

SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. My mom's mom is all that remains of my grandparents and she has dementia. My condolences to you and your family.
Thank you. My mother's mom is in early stages of that I'm afraid. Truly sad to see my once invincible grandparents age. My grandpa has had a lot of heart problems through the years and is now living solely on his pacemaker. He's also diabetic. He's going to have a very rough time of it now without Mamaw. To make things worse I live 2 hours away from them all, and can't make it over very often thanks to my job.

Grannys 92. My parents are 70. I pray I get to have them for another 20 years. I would be lost without them.
I understand completely! I grew up very close to mine. My dad's work situation moved us away when I was 11. We were over there frequently for several years but as I got into adulthood my availability got worse with jobs demanding my presence here.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm hoping to get the skidder out in the woods soon and give it a shakedown run to see what it can do and what might need changed. I don't have any woods on my property so I'll need to take it to my girlfriend's parents a few miles down the road. If it passes the tests, it is going on-site officially. I'm trying to track down some tires for my gooseneck trailer, two are fairly dry rotted and concern me. I also would like to get this thing on the scales and see what it weighs. The front tires each took about 20 gallons of used antifreeze at 9#/gal.

sorry about your gram.

machine came out excellent. i highly suggest a pair of $60 harbor freight remote control winches, one at each corner behind the saws. theyre cheap, fairly quick and hearty enough to grab substantial stuff. use the slowpoke winch for a mainline to transfer onto from the small ones, or when youve gotta reel in a whopper.

you can only see pull speed for a second then it lugs at the butt jams solid into my hitch

the first few seconds of this show double line pull, which is half speed.

entered a tractor pull with my deere (and actually won my class, pretty cool) weighed in at 1440lbs without me.. im betting youre into the 4,000 range. a case 30+4 with vibratory blade and chain trencher is about #5200. that blade of your sideswings too right? pretty sweet, youre gonna hafta mount a go-pro on that sucker stat!

btw you aint gonna need an arch, that brute has plenty of lift. i bet that setup now will get the butts as high as a d3 with an arch.

MCB, glad to see you join back in on this! Your Deere is still impressive! I like that thing. Yes this is in the 4000# range. I'm going to add some weight to the blade. Also wanting to add grapple to blade hopefully this winter. Trying to find a deal on cylinders first. Yes blade angles. No it doesn't seem to need an arch. I forgot to post some pics from the shake down run last Sunday. It did pretty fair! Needs some more weight up front.
I'm definitely thinking about the harbor freight winch idea. I remember you said something about it before. Can't out build my wallet lol. Thinking I'll mount them on swivels I'll build so they can pivot to follow the cable's line of pull instead of constantly balling up on one side of the spool.

uploadfromtaptalk1447748096971.jpguploadfromtaptalk1447748106072.jpguploadfromtaptalk1447748122358.jpguploadfromtaptalk1447748143941.jpguploadfromtaptalk1447748174241.jpguploadfromtaptalk1447748224072.jpg

Latest posts

Back