Trimmers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fs250r vibrates badly, and while it does drink some fuel, it ain't nothin, as they say, compared to an fs550. I can run a long time on a tank of fuel with a 250, but NEED anti vibe gloves and to stop after no more than an hour of constant use or my hands WILL hurt badly for several hours. That said, its way too much trimmer for around my house in town (i want an fs94) and too little trimmer for deforesting in the coast range of the PNW. Its best use I have found is to put a U shaped shredder blade on it and use it on blackberries. in that capacity, I doubt you could find a faster, easier, hand held tool. With the loop handle and no harness, you can throw it out and up in front of you easily. In 45 minutes I cut a 15 × 200 foot of well over 6 feet high dense blackberries to the ground, it looked like it had been tilled.

Mine has the loop handle and harnesses are for sissies. :drinkingcoffee:

Congrats!

Is that a 4-Mix model?

It is. I had been told they had an FS250 bike handle still in stock, when I arrived they told me it had been sold:wtf:

We have had decent luck with stihls 4-mix stuff at work (trimmers/powerbrooms and blowers) so I feel like I'll be able to keep my personal 130 going for quite some time...

Since everyone's putting up pictures....Here's my SRM 225.

I just got done trimming after 1.5 hrs. Went through a half tank of fuel.

Even had to reload. In under 5 minutes I was back trimming with a new beverage mixed.

The speed feed head is brilliant. And even more brilliant is that Echo marketed that head for other brands. My dad picked one up for his Stihl. He absolutely loves it.

Since everyone's putting up pictures....Here's my SRM 225.

I just got done trimming after 1.5 hrs. Went through a half tank of fuel.

Even had to reload. In under 5 minutes I was back trimming with a new beverage mixed.

The speed feed head is brilliant. And even more brilliant is that Echo marketed that head for other brands. My dad picked one up for his Stihl. He absolutely loves it.

Tell me more about that head. I'd be interested in one for my FS-250R.

im not pic savvy,,but ive got a old olympyk 220 trimmer,,ive had since they first came out,,1 carb kit,,and it still runs like a top. 130 line in it,, will mow down some heavy stuff...

Husqvarna 525LS and Homelite St-275. They are about the same powerwise, so far but the Husky is much more versatile as it has the counter clockwise head rotation. Sorry, IOU on the pictures.

I always thought the shoulder straps were for losers. The dolmar was the first trimmer we had that came one and I must say... it's pretty nice. Makes a big difference

Here's my new baby.the tanaka tbc280 pfl.280 with a 260 pfl long shaft for people 6'5" and over.came at the right time too.my tbc-340 started loosing the crank bearings.
20150711_180219.jpg

A few more pics

b789ec7b117e02c19291c6ad6307a432.jpg

82d5a2e1aa4a7fe2dbfe609286567391.jpg

Drilled out the CAT and opened her up to breathe
49245e91a49133c74b512a6edd919cde.jpg

My ancient but trusty Echo and my ported PP338PT:
IMG_1955-1024.jpg
IMG_1957-1024.jpg
Engine pictures:
102-800.jpg
IMG_6296-800.jpg

The Echo is a bit underpowered, but it is comfortable with the harness.

Here's a link.

http://www.speedfeedhead.com

I can't remember where my dad said he got his

Thanks!

Supposedly, they are available at Home Depot. We were there earlier today but didn't go to the outdoor power equip. section.

UPDATE: Found a genuine ECHO OEM Speed-feed head on E-Bay. Comes with adapters to fit Stihl. $29.98 shipped! Can't beat that. :)

Had to be very careful. Lots of after-market imitations being sold for a little less.

Back