Truck reliability

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What truck do I buy?

• Chevy/GMC 1500

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Ford F150

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Dodge 1500

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Toyota Tundra

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Toyota Tacoma

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Nissan Fronter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nissan Titan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I havent got up close to a new Silvey yet, they dont look as high IMO, but I wont talk about what I havent seen up close.

My "01" Z71 rails are nipple height on me (6') the ford at work that I marvel at as it blots out the sun has rails at collarbone height.

Did they design it to carry a 1/2 ton of feathers?:clap:

Dunk.

14mpg?

UGH!

I average 17 and I drive it......umm....Sportily.

I havent got up close to a new Silvey yet, they dont look as high IMO, but I wont talk about what I havent seen up close.

My "01" Z71 rails are nipple height on me (6') the ford at work that I marvel at as it blots out the sun has rails at collarbone height.

Did they design it to carry a 1/2 ton of feathers?:clap:

Dunk.

14mpg?

UGH!

I average 17 and I drive it......umm....Sportily.

Hey RBW, did you really have to bring your 'nipples' up? I think that kinda talk needs its own thread:laugh:.

i hate to bash my own product but, gm has gone the way of ford and dodge with the high bedrails. they say it's for "increased cargo capacity". that is crap! they did it for the look. at 5'10" i'm not short but i at least want to be able to throw and pick up something out of the back without scratching the bedsides.

Actually, I kind of thought the high bed rails were for cargo capacity. My father's '01 Tundra has low bed rails and while its great for getting stuff in over the side it sucks when you need to keep something in the bed. Anything of height has to be tied down multiple times because it can go over the bed rails around turns. I agree it probably can't take a full bed of something real dense but think about things like brush. Not saying they aren't too high though, wife says she can't reach over and touch the bed's bottom for grabbing stuff. At 6'4" I am not the best judge on if something is too high.

Actually, I kind of thought the high bed rails were for cargo capacity. My father's '01 Tundra has low bed rails and while its great for getting stuff in over the side it sucks when you need to keep something in the bed. Anything of height has to be tied down multiple times because it can go over the bed rails around turns. I agree it probably can't take a full bed of something real dense but think about things like brush. Not saying they aren't too high though, wife says she can't reach over and touch the bed's bottom for grabbing stuff. At 6'4" I am not the best judge on if something is too high.

Tarp. Problem solved. You're welcome.:D

After reviewing the posts on here I think the answer is this...
When my truck dies buy either a Silverado, F150, or Tundra depending on what I can find used, options I want, and for the lowest price.

Latest posts

Back