True storie's, Really?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the moral of this thread is the day anyone goes in to ask for a raise don't forget the box of parts ya bought so when he pulls your file and starts rhyming off all the parts ya have lost or broke you can just dump the box of tailights, breakaway leashe,s hitchpins and torn out light plugs and say now whatja got for me LOL

This thread reminds me of why I work for myself, more than anything.

I keep an extra hitch pin stuck on the sun visor of the chip truck.. just in case I get baked and lose it! lol. (just kidding) :laugh:

No biggie, not really griping as much as talking about the small stuff that we don't post much and also the dumb stuff some of today's youth do.
Jeff

Yeah well I guess at this point I'd rather hear the good stuff and getting tired of the stories of stupidity which I can't take anymore. I want you to go in tommorow and give everybody a hug and thank them just fer showing up, buy em some gatorade.

This thread reminds me of why I work for myself, more than anything.

I keep an extra hitch pin stuck on the sun visor of the chip truck.. just in case I get baked and lose it! lol. (just kidding) :laugh:

I know... and you know that the only one who has any stock in your business is you, everybody else is just and only there for the ####ing paycheck... ain't no 401 you offer. One sucker out of a thousand is gonna put up. Welcome to the world.

A guy in Jeff's position should be kissing the feet of the guys that show up. HITCH PINS FER EVERYBODY, just don't die or kill anyone on the job and everything should work itself out just fine.

Why did the guy let your truck roll into the tree? Why did they run over the pole pruner? Be honest.

How many guys believe there is actually something called a "climber/foreman? If you do, well, the jokes on you... rather the damage is. Any crew needs a specific supervisor to supervise. Ever watch a football game? Who is that guy on the sidelines calling plays and keeping a close eye on things? Oh, you say this ain't no football game? Yeah, I know, its worse.

I know... and you know that the only one who has any stock in your business is you, everybody else is just and only there for the ####ing paycheck... ain't no 401 you offer. One sucker out of a thousand is gonna put up. Welcome to the world.

A guy in Jeff's position should be kissing the feet of the guys that show up. HITCH PINS FER EVERYBODY, just don't die or kill anyone on the job and everything should work itself out just fine.

Why did the guy let your truck roll into the tree? Why did they run over the pole pruner? Be honest.

How many guys believe there is actually something called a "climber/foreman? If you do, well, the jokes on you... rather the damage is. Any crew needs a specific supervisor to supervise. Ever watch a football game? Who is that guy on the sidelines calling plays and keeping a close eye on things? Oh, you say this ain't no football game? Yeah, I know, its worse.

Ah, I see you are where you are better now.
We live in different world's, get over it.
Jeff

How many guys believe there is actually something called a "climber/foreman? ...

I do. When I go do a tree job, be it removal or trimming, I am the foreman.

I inspect the truck, I check the equipment, I tell everybody what they are expected to do. That makes me a foreman. When I climb the tree, everybody knows what they should be doing. If they don't, I take the time to explain it in language they can understand. Oh! Did I say I was climbing the tree? I guess that makes me the climber too, doesn't it?

You don't loose the ability to supervise just because you are hanging from a rope.
I haven't lost the ability to climb a tree, either, just because I am supervising 3-4 guys.

When I hire a climber/foreman, I only ask that he do the same things that I would do.

I do. When I go do a tree job, be it removal or trimming, I am the foreman.

I inspect the truck, I check the equipment, I tell everybody what they are expected to do. That makes me a foreman. When I climb the tree, everybody knows what they should be doing. If they don't, I take the time to explain it in language they can understand. Oh! Did I say I was climbing the tree? I guess that makes me the climber too, doesn't it?

You don't loose the ability to supervise just because you are hanging from a rope.
I haven't lost the ability to climb a tree, either, just because I am supervising 3-4 guys.

When I hire a climber/foreman, I only ask that he do the same things that I would do.

Well, as history has proven: YER ASKING FOR TO MUCH

Well, as history has proven: YER ASKING FOR TO MUCH

Maybe. Asking too much of myself, or a foreman/climber? It's actually much easier than doing my job. I should go to work for someone else. I would make more money, have better hours, and probably have a better life.

I would ask you for a historical reference about that "proven" thing. Most tree services send out a climber/foreman to do jobs, at least around here. If they aren't, then it's just a solo outfit where the climber is the owner, not much different than myself.

I have met any number of field supervisors for asplundh, but they still have crew leaders, and when they are climbing trees, it's usually the crew leader. They have the better pay, the most training, and ...that's just how it works.

. Asking too much of myself, or a foreman/climber? It's actually much easier than doing my job. I should go to work for someone else. I would make more money, have better hours, and probably have a better life.

Word, so close I can smell the ocean, tic toc, tic toc

When I worked for this one fat pig, I was kinda like the "climber/forman". I didn't have the official title, but I was the one that heard all the #####ing. We had another climber (real good friend of mine, we still work together all the time), but I think the fat guy was intimidated by him (bad ass dude, martial arts, etc.), so I heard it all.

I guess the stress just kinda trickled down, cuz man, I was a real #######!! lol. I've actually become quite a bit more relaxed in my older age. I sure was hell in my early 20's, though!

We got a ton of work done though, that's for damn sure!!

That was the last guy I worked for full time. I finally quit when the guys told me he was talking #### about my dead brother and family. Lot of thanks I got. He's one of my competitors now.

The best part was, after I lost my license, he was giving be a ride in one day, and says "well, you realize without your license I'm not gonna be able to pay you $12 an hour anymore". He was thinking more like $9. I said I would finish out the day, and that would be it. I ####ed those trees up so hard that day (had the hate bad), that I kept my $12 and never heard another thing about it.

Maybe. Asking too much of myself, or a foreman/climber? It's actually much easier than doing my job. I should go to work for someone else. I would make more money, have better hours, and probably have a better life.

I would ask you for a historical reference about that "proven" thing. Most tree services send out a climber/foreman to do jobs, at least around here. If they aren't, then it's just a solo outfit where the climber is the owner, not much different than myself.

I have met any number of field supervisors for asplundh, but they still have crew leaders, and when they are climbing trees, it's usually the crew leader. They have the better pay, the most training, and ...that's just how it works.

Historical reference? Ok. What happened to the last guy ( climber/foreman) you hired? And we are modeling after aspy now? I don't know if that is such a good idea.
You say "that is how it works"? Oh, well, umm, howzit workin fer ya? Let me answer: You do realize that what you just said above confirms my theories don't you? Ah well, I leave it up to you.

When I worked for this one fat pig, I was kinda like the "climber/forman". I didn't have the official title, but I was the one that heard all the #####ing. We had another climber (real good friend of mine, we still work together all the time), but I think the fat guy was intimidated by him (bad ass dude, martial arts, etc.), so I heard it all.

I guess the stress just kinda trickled down, cuz man, I was a real #######!! lol. I've actually become quite a bit more relaxed in my older age. I sure was hell in my early 20's, though!

We got a ton of work done though, that's for damn sure!!

That was the last guy I worked for full time. I finally quit when the guys told me he was talking #### about my dead brother and family. Lot of thanks I got. He's one of my competitors now.

The best part was, after I lost my license, he was giving be a ride in one day, and says "well, you realize without your license I'm not gonna be able to pay you $12 an hour anymore". He was thinking more like $9. I said I would finish out the day, and that would be it. I ####ed those trees up so hard that day (had the hate bad), that I kept my $12 and never heard another thing about it.

I love it when they just go ahead and assume you the position without even telling you like it was written since the dawn of time. Oh, yeah, of course the climber is the foreman! ... but only when its conveinient for them.

Back