trying to replace scored pioneer p60 top end with p62...couple questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOE

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My Dad is trying to put a P62 top end on a p60. He texted me a picture of them. The p62 jug has about 1/4" cylinder wall portruding into the crank case. THe p60 base is flush/flat. The p60 crank case won't take the p62 jug because of the portrusion. Any reason this couldn't be milled flat to work with p60 case? The p62 has a different coil and it mounts different. He has the coil from the p62. will it work with p60 fly wheel?

My Dad is trying to put a P62 top end on a p60. He texted me a picture of them. The p62 jug has about 1/4" cylinder wall portruding into the crank case. THe p60 base is flush/flat. The p60 crank case won't take the p62 jug because of the portrusion. Any reason this couldn't be milled flat to work with p60 case? The p62 has a different coil and it mounts different. He has the coil from the p62. will it work with p60 fly wheel?

No it won't, the P60 uses a prestolite coil and the P62 uses a phelan. Can't answer your question about the cylinder.

Back