ts460 stihl chop saw vs 460chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donho

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok my first post Ive been reading thru all the how to and what nots and its easy to see this is the place to come to ask anything about chain saws here goes, can I use a jug and piston from a 460 chain saw on my ts 460 chop saw?

nope. totally different machines. I'm pretty sure the bores and strokes are different, and that the cylinder bases are too.

rebuild how to??

ok here it is I am ready to clean up the work bench and start rebuild on my sxl 925 I purchased a new jug and piston and gasgets Ive rebuilt lots of engines but never a chain saw I noticed that some of the edges of the new jug are a bit sharp should I sand them a bit and with what grit if so lube with anything special ? and last should I do anything with the muffler? I was running the saw on its side ripping or what ever you call it and it seized this happened twice the first time I let it cool and later put a little oil in the jug and ran it again the piston is badly scored but the old jug looks quite usable yet although im using the new one thanks guys for any help.

oh ya stihl pro 036 since the homey blew up sthil ts 460 and a few dept store poulans

donho said:
ok here it is I am ready to clean up the work bench and start rebuild on my sxl 925 I purchased a new jug and piston and gasgets Ive rebuilt lots of engines but never a chain saw I noticed that some of the edges of the new jug are a bit sharp should I sand them a bit and with what grit if so lube with anything special ? and last should I do anything with the muffler? I was running the saw on its side ripping or what ever you call it and it seized this happened twice the first time I let it cool and later put a little oil in the jug and ran it again the piston is badly scored but the old jug looks quite usable yet although im using the new one thanks guys for any help.

oh ya stihl pro 036 since the homey blew up sthil ts 460 and a few dept store poulans

donho, this thread appears to be on it's way out, as the original question has been answered. You may want to start a new thread...after you do a search on here for what you're looking for. There are tons of threads on muffler jobs, cylinder work and rebuilds.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back