TSA comes to AS?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, this was not meant IN ANY WAY as a shot at Randy. I've sold him a bunch of saws, he's ported a 288 and 390 for me. (both awesome) Consider him a buddy. So don't read anything into my post that isn't there.

Just don't want this "no port list" thread to continue to take on a life of it's own without countering it with other viewpoints.
You got me wrong Lad.
I am not a wordsmith obviously. Lol
My point was he wants to be good at what he does and is still learning. And can't know it all.
Old machinist saying:
"You know you are a Machinist when you know 10 % of what you THOUGHT you know 10 years ago"

I knew you weren't being a troll.
And that he didn't bash the saw.

Last edited:
The design of the engine is fine but obviously there were problems with the design of the fuel system. There's already been four updates, with more to come.

What do you consider to be an update?Software revisions alone there have been more than 10 alone, not to mention module and carb changes etc...

I still want to get my greasy mitts on a 2260 someday:rock:

I have a ported 2260 that was done by Tlandrum and it's my favorite saw hands down. Feels the same size and weight as my ported stihl 261 with lots more power. I love that ported 2260.
If I just had to have one saw it would be the ported 2260. Running a Pro Lite 20" 3/8 .050 bar and stihl rs chain, a real cutting machine.

If I just had to have one saw it would be the ported 2260. Running a Pro Lite 20" 3/8 .050 bar and stihl rs chain, a real cutting machine.
I've said the same thing many times about my ported 562 with techlite. Unless you are a west coast faller, there isn't much better one saw plan.

I may have missed it, but I have not seen anyone post if the problem goes away if a stock top end is put back on?

Once again, good work, Randy. I knew you'd get it.

Now, how bout them Dolmar Zama's?

Thanks guys. You're not on my Christmas card list anymore.

Do the current 562's and latest updates have the hesitation problem?

Most of the Hesitation issues come along with the EL46 carb. I have not personally seen a new 562 with flip caps and new carb. Spike says they have the air vain screw so the carb has to be different once again.

Is the new carb a Walbro, Spike? What is the part number? It is not anywhere to be found in the portal....or I'm blind.

Latest posts

Back