TSC bar and chain oil sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H-Ranch

Some things happen for a reason
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I checked the Tractor Supply website and it showed the County Line brand for $9.99/gal, but then said pickup at the store was $7.29/ gal. So I checked at the register and sure enough it rang up at $7.29. I got 4 gallons which should last me a good while, but wondering if I should get more. I don't see the price going down much from that. Fyi

10.99 on sale at my local place. on sale from 11.99. Must depend on the area.
Yep, I'm sure. It even showed $10.99 on sale for $9.99 on the tag in the store, but $7.29 at checkout. I showed the clerk the website when I walked in and he said they would do a price adjustment if necessary. Maybe I better go back before they "fix" it. LOL

Rural King has MYSTIK brand for either 5.99 or 6.99 a gal every day. Chain oil is chain oil, I even run used engine oil a LOT but right now Im out so Ive been buying "chain oil" wherever I can find it the cheapest.

Yep, I'm sure. It even showed $10.99 on sale for $9.99 on the tag in the store, but $7.29 at checkout. I showed the clerk the website when I walked in and he said they would do a price adjustment if necessary. Maybe I better go back before they "fix" it. LOL
Our store showed $10.99 on sale for $9.99. There was an option to check out but pick up in the store, no change in price. I'll swing by there tomorrow and see what the deal is. Thanks!

I buy my County Line oil at TSC too, and try to catch their $7.99 sales. It's not hard, they have sales regularly. But, this winter I've been cutting in some pretty cold weather and noticed when I was pouring oil into my saws it was coming out of the jugs in globs. It didn't seem to effect performance, maybe the warmth of the saw smoothed the oil out. I've never bought a winter blend of bar/chain oil, but I might try a gallon.

I buy my County Line oil at TSC too, and try to catch their $7.99 sales. It's not hard, they have sales regularly. But, this winter I've been cutting in some pretty cold weather and noticed when I was pouring oil into my saws it was coming out of the jugs in globs. It didn't seem to effect performance, maybe the warmth of the saw smoothed the oil out. I've never bought a winter blend of bar/chain oil, but I might try a gallon.
Back when I used to cut wood in the winter I would cut the bar oil with about 10-20 percent tractor hyd oil. It seem to help keep the bar and chain oiled.

Wondering about hyd oil, been picking up 5 gal buckets with maybe a pint or more left after they empty them. I have 25/30 of these laying around, i give them away to whoever wants them.

I stopped at my favorite saw shop this evening to pick up Bar and Chain oil he recommended, and a 6-pack of Full Synthetic 2 cycle oil (the 6.4oz bottles for 2.5 gallon). He sold me a gallon of Kinetix and a 6-pack of Kinetix 2-cycle oil. Well, I quickly learned I wasn't at TSC any more. This little purchase set me back more than I would have guessed by 2x. I am seriously expecting my saws to carry themselves to my cutting at these prices.

Back when I used to cut wood in the winter I would cut the bar oil with about 10-20 percent tractor hyd oil. It seem to help keep the bar and chain oiled.
My solution is, don't cut when it is below 40F! I don't cut when it is above 80F either. We own a tree farm with about 80 acres wooded. I cut 6 cords or so per year, so I can be picky about the weather I cut in. The TSC oil works fine for me.

I think bar/chain oil is never going to come back down to those $7.99 on sale days. The cost of all energy is skyrocketing and the Ukraine situation is probably gonna make it much worse.

Back