TSC Bar Oil Sale $6

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like good hot weather oil to go along with the runny green jug Poulan that works for winter fodder. I looked up the "dollar days" ad for my local TSC on their website and it looks like it's on sale here too. I may pick up a couple jugs for next summer.

Ian

Well now...we have not seen the dramatic increases on Stihl bar oil like some of you have, but none of the dealers in my area carry Stihl Blue eiether...

The nearest Stihl dealer/rental place near me uses Stihl orange year round. Yep, they'll rent you a saw with Stihl orange in it when the daytime temps are 25-30 degrees. :dizzy: And THEN tell you (with a condescending air), "That's what the manufacturer recommends." :monkey:

I hope it's not as runny as that Super Tech stuff from Walmart. I won't buy it any more. Matter of fact, I gave away a gallon or two that I had just to get rid of it.
Check out posts 9 and 10 in this thread from yesterday on the same topic. LINK

more like 3 or 4 brad.... lol that stuff sux

picked up 2 gallons when I was in town this morning.. didn't bother to open it up and evaluate the thickness... it rang up as 30 wt chainsaw oil.

Ian

The nearest Stihl dealer/rental place near me uses Stihl orange year round. Yep, they'll rent you a saw with Stihl orange in it when the daytime temps are 25-30 degrees. :dizzy: And THEN tell you (with a condescending air), "That's what the manufacturer recommends." :monkey:

Mark: Are you talking about GRS in Winchester?

I understood it was really thick like Stihl oil and best used in the summer. No? I'm planning on heading down there before the weekends over.

We run it and have had no issues with it. I wouldn't call it thick at all though. In fact the super tech at wal mart is thicker.

Had to crack one of the jugs I bought and see. It's pretty runny. Winter oil for sure.

Ian

I bought the one and only gallon they had Saturday. They had just received 6 cases last week and it is all gone. They gave me a rain check for 5 more gallons though.

It is not as thick as Stihl summer oil, but it is stringy. So that's good. I'll have to check it out a little more to have a real opinion. I want to compare the viscosity to the Stihl winter oil. I think it will fall inbetween the two Stihl oils.

Gawd willin' and the creek don't rise.

"Finished" though, is a term that I don't see as applicable to this project. Upgrades are always in the planning. quieter exhaust (parts already acquired)... high flow valve, 3/4" fittings on the cylinder rather than adapters, log lift/boom crane... etc etc. :dizzy:

Ian

Just an update,

Yesterday, TSC still had the bar oil for $6 on their website.

So I mosey over to St. Croix Falls, load a case and a half of bar oil in the cart, and ring it up.

"That will be $56.91".

Uhhhhh, no? Your website has this at $6 each

Girl behind the register (if she was even 18 I would be surprised) calls over the "manager" - a girl who may have been 20 tops.

She goes on the intertudes, clickity click click click. It pops up: $6, and says "oh, ok" :D

I walk out with my annual supply of bar oil procured for next season at a third off in price, thinking "I wonder if she will even change the in-store pricing?" Probably not, is my guess.

These jugs were the black rectangular jugs (looks like the poulan jugs at wally world, just not heaving green).

So just a heads-up, if they are on the shelf at $8.99, tell them to check the website and get the discounted price you deserve (but check the website before you head over to TSC).

I went to get some Monday and they were sold out. Our TSC always sells out during a sale and doesn't restock or give rainchecks. You have to be there the first day of the sale, basically.

Tsc

Walked to the TSC near me on Mon. Sure as XXit out of stock, but she did write up a rain check for 5 Gals. They called me on Thurs. Got 'em.

I went to get some Monday and they were sold out. Our TSC always sells out during a sale and doesn't restock or give rainchecks. You have to be there the first day of the sale, basically.

TSC has to issue rainchecks for regular items not in stock if you ask for it. If they tell you no, it is not TSC policy and you should talk to the manager. The TSC raincheck is really easy, and people are just being lazy if they don't issue them.

Latest posts

Back