Has anyone tried DeWalt bar oil? Where can guy pick up a gallon size?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Sawyer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I understand this product DeWalt bar oil works well and chip flow around the clutch is much better/cleaner and less low temperature issues. Just a rumor I heard but not sure this is actually true! With the price of bar oil these days I heard this work better and is cheaper. I'm questioning if this is true or not because I can't find it.

1699650063539.png

Well if that is the case... no thanks also. Saw a Bucking Billy Ray video on this oil and thought if it's cheaper and the oiling is just as good as he claims thought I'd give it a try. The claim is saw cleanup is so much better, he claims DeWalt is the only oil he runs now because of easy clean-up. I cleaned up a couple saw last week and thought I'd try it but couldn't find this product.
Has anyone tried silicon spray to help with keeping saw cleaner. I heard it helps and provide UV protection on plastic as well?

Bucking Billy is sponsored by a few products and rip saw. Im not saying they're bad products but he wont say they are even if they suck.
Im sure it's good bar oil but is it twice as good as the cheap stuff?
I have a hard time running expensive bar oil, my bars are like 40 bucks each. If I use cheap bar oil and buy a new bar every year im still way ahead money wise.

Bucking Billy is sponsored by a few products and rip saw. Im not saying they're bad products but he wont say they are even if they suck.
Im sure it's good bar oil but is it twice as good as the cheap stuff?
I have a hard time running expensive bar oil, my bars are like 40 bucks each. If I use cheap bar oil and buy a new bar every year im still way ahead money wise.
Billy Ray is a hack and will shill anything that nets him something.
He shilled for Iron Horse at one time and its pretty obvious that guy is a drooling dumb fuq. He also has proven himself to be a crook.

$96.00 for a case of 4, 1 gallon bottles. No thanks.
Menards has 'Poulan' branded bar oil (if all things) on sale right now for 8 bucks a gallon. Just grabbed a couple gallons. If you have really deep pockets, get yourself a gallon of 'Genuine Bridgeport' way oil medium and use that. It's only 35 bucks a gallon. Bar oil is generic to me unless it's used motor oil which I don't ever use.

Thanks, I'll stay with my bar oil... seem to work for me even in cold weather. Never hurts to check and ask questions, the only one you're hurting is yourself by not asking and assuming! Hopefully we all clean our saws, never a fun chore but it's just maintenance that has to be done. I was just hoping to make the chore easier save on bar wear.

Thanks, I'll stay with my bar oil... seem to work for me even in cold weather. Never hurts to check and ask questions, the only one you're hurting is yourself by not asking and assuming! Hopefully we all clean our saws, never a fun chore but it's just maintenance that has to be done. I was just hoping to make the chore easier save on bar wear.
I dont have issues cleaning saws.
If they're really nasty I soak them with wd40 then scrape or brush the dirt off. If you use some sort of bio oil use dish soap to clean it off not oil based cleaners.
You seamed surprised people dont like BBR.
I started watching his channel 4-5 years ago to learn to hang axes better, back then he didnt push his latest greatest products like he does now.
I get a kick out of his stand up and buck bs, you dont have to stand weird like a idiot when you put a short bar on a saw, hell he's even dawged in half the time, how does the bar length change how far you bend down to do that lol.

I dont have issues cleaning saws.
If they're really nasty I soak them with wd40 then scrape or brush the dirt off. If you use some sort of bio oil use dish soap to clean it off not oil based cleaners.
You seamed surprised people dont like BBR.
I started watching his channel 4-5 years ago to learn to hang axes better, back then he didnt push his latest greatest products like he does now.
I get a kick out of his stand up and buck bs, you dont have to stand weird like a idiot when you put a short bar on a saw, hell he's even dawged in half the time, how does the bar length change how far you bend down to do that lol.
If you cut Douglas Fir you would quickly forget cleaning your saws... that sap is nasty, especially from the old growth trees.
I clean my air filter regularly and blow off the carb with ether starting fluid when I do. And that's about it.

Billy Ray is a hack and will shill anything that nets him something.
He shilled for Iron Horse at one time and its pretty obvious that guy is a drooling dumb fuq. He also has proven himself to be a crook.
He does have good YT video's, I enjoy his 'Canuck' accent a lot. In as much as I don't know him at all, I do enjoy watching his antics.

Latest posts

Back