Tsc log Splitters?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
farmking,

Since you have a few tractors that would be an option.
I have two splitters including the huskee 22 ton. which is basically what the 3pt model is without the engine and pump on a 3pt frame.
I only have 1 tractor so I didn't the splitter on the back, as I wanted the bucket to move the wood
I have seen a few 3pt splitters, including the TSC speeco.
Most 3pt splitters I've seem have a very slow cycle time as it is based on the output of the tractor's hydraulics. do you have one that will generate at least
11gpm at 2500psi.
Do you have power beyond or a rear remote to lock open?
Or you can go with a PTO pump and tank.
All these cost $$$ to add to a tractor.

Last edited:
We have a 22 ton from about 10 years ago with a 5.5 briggs that is still running good. We have a seasonal firewood business and it always performed well. We recently went to tsc and decided to purchase a new one and the store manager steered away from the hondas, said that almost all of them come back with problems and that their regional manager decided that when they were gone they were not gonna sell them anymore. We opted for the 22 ton again not that there is anything wrong with the 35 except for the fact that we have to move it around a lot and if I am not around my dad moves it and hes getting up there in age and the extra weight was a concern . So far I am really impressed with it, plenty of power and starts like a dream

I got the 35-ton one. I would recommend that one; it pops everything put before it. I would also recommend a table for it. A guy with the handle "33flame" sells em on ebay for about $60. Best money I ever spent.

Thanks for the information about the cradle. He posted 2 yesterday (270223192962)
and some guy from NJ bought one right away. :)

Thanks for the information about the cradle. He posted 2 yesterday (270223192962)
and some guy from NJ bought one right away. :)

Check out my pic of the log cradle in my post a couple of above this one.
The cradle is holding my baby 440--Farm Boss and 361 didn't get a ride--not enough room.

Your photo is what sold me. I’m trying to make things a little easier on my back at my age (60+). So when I saw and read your post I was sold.
When I checked eBay 33flame didn’t have anything listed so I sent him a message.
He got back to a few hours later and said he just listed 2.
Trying to decide on what splitter to get is how I found this site. A world of great information here.:clap:

Your photo is what sold me. I’m trying to make things a little easier on my back at my age (60+). So when I saw and read your post I was sold.
When I checked eBay 33flame didn’t have anything listed so I sent him a message.
He got back to a few hours later and said he just listed 2.
Trying to decide on what splitter to get is how I found this site. A world of great information here.:clap:

Neverrude,
Just to give a little truth in advertising, I added a diamond plate to 33flame's table. It prevents the small pieces from falling through. You can also use a piece of plywood and hold it down with zip ties or a U bolt. I also rigged it to the beam a different way. He advises drilling three holes to hold the bracket. As my splitter came with already two(2) pre-drilled holes (one is hidden by the decal), I simply put two 5/8" bolts through the beam. I did put big washes on the table side, and tuck the bracket under the washers. As the table rests on the beam, it doesn't take much to hold it in place. In fact the last time I used the splitter, I didn't even tighten the bolts more than finger tight. You might be able to see the washers in the pic.

Neverrude,
Here's a better pic of the bolts/washers holding the bracket.

Can it still go vertical,with the table on it?

No. However, when it is vertical, you won't be needing the table. And with it resting on the beam, removal is easy. You just tip the bracket out from under the washers. Piece of cake.

I have the 35 ton model. Love it. Had it for about 3 years, split some pretty nasty stuff.

Neverrude,
Just to give a little truth in advertising, I added a diamond plate to 33flame's table. It prevents the small pieces from falling through. You can also use a piece of plywood and hold it down with zip ties or a U bolt. I also rigged it to the beam a different way. He advises drilling three holes to hold the bracket. As my splitter came with already two(2) pre-drilled holes (one is hidden by the decal), I simply put two 5/8" bolts through the beam. I did put big washes on the table side, and tuck the bracket under the washers. As the table rests on the beam, it doesn't take much to hold it in place. In fact the last time I used the splitter, I didn't even tighten the bolts more than finger tight. You might be able to see the washers in the pic.

A. Stanton,
I’ll print this out so when I’m ready to install it I’ll have your info handy.
I thank you.:)

We have a 22 ton from about 10 years ago with a 5.5 briggs that is still running good. We have a seasonal firewood business and it always performed well. We recently went to tsc and decided to purchase a new one and the store manager steered away from the hondas, said that almost all of them come back with problems and that their regional manager decided that when they were gone they were not gonna sell them anymore. We opted for the 22 ton again not that there is anything wrong with the 35 except for the fact that we have to move it around a lot and if I am not around my dad moves it and hes getting up there in age and the extra weight was a concern . So far I am really impressed with it, plenty of power and starts like a dream

Agree, Mine is similar 5hp 20ton and has been flawless. I just pulled the cover off a couple days ago (It had been frozen too the ground under the wheels) and it started on the very first pull! It's been dead reliable and I haven't stalled it on a round yet.

Back