TSC, Speeco, Dealer Days... New Little Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D&B Mack

Sawin Wit It!
Reaction score
Saw this new little 15 tonner at TSC this weekend for their dealer days. It looked pretty fast.

15tonSpeecoSplitter.jpg

Is that pump really so open like that? Without log cradles, I can see a soaking wet operator at the ER in no time.

Is that pump really so open like that? Without log cradles, I can see a soaking wet operator at the ER in no time.

You got that right, whoever designed that thing has never split a piece of wood in his life. I have had a jillion chunks of wood "pop" apart and scram sideways, and with the engine being the first thing it would hit on the way out........
Wouldnt be pretty, thats for sure.

Well, I guess it is better than nothing, but I wouldn't shell out any money for it. Look how it is built, especially at how the pusher is held to the beam. Not good. Besides the aforementioned pump setup.

Ted

I'll play devils addvocate. The log will be in front of the pump and motor. With the wedge on the beam like that I dont see any thing hitting them but you could fashion a piece of plywood to protect them. Throw some elm crotches at it while it's under warranty if it breaks take it back.

Latest posts

Back