Tuned carb on cs 590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicknick

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello,

Today I went to an echo dealer to have my cs 590 carb adjusted since ive been reading that most of these saws come lean from the factory. The tech was very nice and actually pulled the caps and tuned it at the rev limiter at WOT under no load, but when I got back home to test out the saw in a log I noticed it performed slower cutting than before. Is this normal? What should I do to get the saw cutting at its peak performance.

Thank you,

Nick

Hello,

Today I went to an echo dealer to have my cs 590 carb adjusted since ive been reading that most of these saws come lean from the factory. The tech was very nice and actually pulled the caps and tuned it at the rev limiter at WOT under no load, but when I got back home to test out the saw in a log I noticed it performed slower cutting than before. Is this normal? What should I do to get the saw cutting at its peak performance.

Thank you,

Nick
:D

Go out and tune it in wood. Tune it so it cleans up in the wood and 4 strokes when you lift it. Bouncing off the rev limiter with no load sounds like it's way lean to me. There are a ton of good videos on the tube.
Thank you for the link, the first day I got the saw I cut a big piece of oak in 16 seconds before the tune, after the tune is 24 seconds now, 50 % slower :((((

tuned it at the rev limiter at WOT under no load
I'm not sure what that means. Did he set the WOT no load so it was just below the rev limiter? How accurate would that be - it would depend on his ability to hear it.

Or did he set it some particular rpm (which would have to be below the rev limiter by definition)?

What rpm does Echo say to set it at?

It would be hard to believe it is correct if he did not use a tach.

I'm not sure what that means. Did he set the WOT no load so it was just below the rev limiter? How accurate would that be - it would depend on his ability to hear it.

Or did he set it some particular rpm (which would have to be below the rev limiter by definition)?

What rpm does Echo say to set it at?

It would be hard to believe it is correct if he did not use a tach.
Hi Chris, No tach used, it was done by ear, it sounded like when you redline a car in neutral, as far as Echo, im not sure what they say

Not knowledgeable enough to pull the caps and tune it myself in a load, I sure wish I could though

Not knowledgeable enough to pull the caps and tune it myself in a load, I sure wish I could though
Never thought I was either but watching videos on the tube, gave some confidence and gave it a try and it's not as hard as it seems, but safety first so you do as you wish

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

These like 11,500-12500 stock. limiter is around 13.5k

Pull the caps, and retune.

If it slowed down that much and sounds like it is revving faster than before it is way lean.

Yep, watch some YouTube videos and retune. It may not come naturally to you, but it's certainly not rocket science. If you're going to be operating two-stroke equipment, recognizing a lean running situation is of the utmost importance.

One thing that does help is to get it set where you think it needs to be (I think earmuffs actually make it easier to hear the 4-stroking). Then get someone else to run it in wood. Have them lift up on the saw once or twice in the cut. Meanwhile, you stand 20' away and listen. It's very very easy to hear the 4 stroke this way.

Good luck

thats a nice saw you got there
Thank you I like the 590 it runs better then a lot of folks on AS will admit. I'm just a fire wood hack that needed something bigger then my FIL ms250. When you get bored of the stock saw open the deflector on the muff and retune it makes a noticeable performance gain and takes 5 minutes to do.IMG_20161010_101425.jpg

Latest posts

Back