Two Years Of Improvements In Meteor Cylinder Kits (Brad's Pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have pills now that temporarily help that condition. It is my understanding that they now have those pills in AM but I have heard that the AM pills have a flow problem. It had something to do with small ports and not enough transfer.

Later
Dan

They are just a little rough around the edges. Nothing you can't fix with a points file.

Looks a a good budget cylinder kit after being inspected and possibly "fixed". With OEM 460 jug kits going for $400.00 and up at Stihl Dealerships, the market is there for sure.

I don't do very many piston/cylinder jobs - But when I do it's it's gonna be new or used Mahle
or the customer takes the saw to another shop. I just won't do anything else. But that's just me.

I won't charge a customer $40 an hour to "clean-up" a crappy cylinder period.

I can get them used on eBay or chainsawr...sponsor here.
You might have to wait for a good one to come up..but so be it.

I just do neighborhood work soo..it's very important to me that what I service works well..
If you have a good reputation and something goes wrong...you probably still have a good reputation
If you get a bad reputation (and bad news travels fast) you gotta do a whole lotta good to get back..!!

Mahle is quality..and you pay for it..so be it - the exhaust on the Mahle is perfect..on the Meteor..well...

Meteor really could rule the aftermarket..just make consistent cylinders like they do their pistons.
Up the price if need be..it would still pay-off BIG and they would get more sales...

Meteor could absolutely OWN the aftermarket if they would just somehow match Mahle quality.
But they choose not to..??
:cheers:
J2F

$40.00 bucks an hour????? damm Im workin way to cheap on these saws!

attachment.php

+1 to flat rate. you win some you lose some, after a while you tend to win em. plus flat rate is just easier to explain to a customer vs time and materials when it comes to equip.

Latest posts

Back