Ultra vs regular HP oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrycutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Im sure this has been covered somewhere on the forum but I couldn't find it. Is it true that a new saw will not break in properly on the full synthetic ultra. I have always used the orange hp oil. Dealer showed me a stihl ad showing 3 pistons with the same amount of time on them and of course the one using the full syn. showed no wear at all. Do you guys think this oil actually better. And why does stihl say that the orange HP is recomended for pro saws?

After years of using regular 2mix oil echo,stihl,redmax which Im a fan of. This past summer I had weed trimmer blow up on me piston diffently had alot of wear scratches etc.Started using stihl ultra with 93 octane in all my 2 stroke tools so far no issues time will tell. Keep in mind though it must be something about syn.oils cause I noticed not only stihl but redmax and echo r going to synthetic oil to.

Have you evere used av gas? Read a big thread bout it being good for the longevity of your saw. Off subject but just curious.

Sithl doesn't say that ONLY the orange bottle (older dino oil) is recommended for their pro saws...

Use Ultra from day 1.

Bought new ms460 year 1/2 ago. saw has only used Stihl hp ultra/ 93 octane
although recently been using 100LL.
Anyway the saw is a screamer and a ton of compression..decomp when cold is a must.
:cheers:

Latest posts

Back