Underbidding Idiots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the company that got the bid is: DCP Forestry.

anyone here ever hear of them? drove out that way the other day & nothing seems to be going on, of course I didnt drive up into the gamelands & by the looks of the access roads no one else did either.

I checked out the bids submitted & couldnt believe what some people would cut an acre for....but the company above, they`re just gonna loose their arses.

LXT................

Government Work

Guys,
Unfortunately we are seeing this everywhere in the country with clearing and related projects. It's truly insane, I know. Our only hope is that enough of these idiots will get their contracts and go bankrupt! Unfortunately, it seems the government playbook is changing-if they have to go through multiple contractors to get the job done(even if it is behind schecule) it seems not to bother them. They (the government) simply don't pay for incomplete services, keep the performance bonds of each and every deliquent contractor, and the Uncle Sam saves money. I have now seen this happen on numerous occasions where the job was simply impossible to do for the winning bid. Corrupt, Unethical, Evil, Yes! But to keep fueling the fire we have a constant stream of ignorant contractors who got "too big for their britches" a few years ago and are now in dire financial straits.

just like the thread states "UNDERBIDING IDIOTS"ran into the same kinda problem 2 days ago not a large acre job just a large oak tree in back yard ,75 ft tall,40 ft spread,aprox 60in diameter at bh half over house,hlf over street i bid 5500.00 guy who got bid 2500.00.iwouldnt have done the job for that no way to remove wood without a lot of saw time or crane rentel i.m.o.wet by the job to take a peek looks like a war zone.know the guy seems like a nice enough fella we talked when i told him what i bid his first reply was S##T.he realized he left that money on the table he will be there another day and a half with his 4 men two trucks and dump trailer that was in a small way better than getting the job.

this needs to happen.

just like the thread states "UNDERBIDING IDIOTS"ran into the same kinda problem 2 days ago not a large acre job just a large oak tree in back yard ,75 ft tall,40 ft spread,aprox 60in diameter at bh half over house,hlf over street i bid 5500.00 guy who got bid 2500.00.iwouldnt have done the job for that no way to remove wood without a lot of saw time or crane rentel i.m.o.wet by the job to take a peek looks like a war zone.know the guy seems like a nice enough fella we talked when i told him what i bid his first reply was S##T.he realized he left that money on the table he will be there another day and a half with his 4 men two trucks and dump trailer that was in a small way better than getting the job.

they will either learn or cease to exist.I just hope it doesn't take as long as I think it's going to to get prices back to where they should be.

the last couple of years I think a lot of tree guys left their employers to make it on their own and are finding out there's a lot more to this than swinging a saw or feeding a chipper.

the other angle is all the landscapers thinking they are going to get some of the glory and riches of doing tree work.

this years is going to break a lot of guys.guys with too much debt or guys working for too low of a wage.

the other angle is all the landscapers thinking they are going to get some of the glory and riches of doing tree work.

most landscapers in my area refer us to do there tree work,the biggest problem were having is the dopers that need to support there habit,so ther bidding stupid.the prvious post i made in this thread.that guy was not the lowest,the lowest was 1500.00 DOPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I checked out the bids for this job & they weere all over the place, they ranged from $7625.00 for 61 acres to over $600,000 for 61 acres.

you can check it out on the following site: www.pgc.state.pa.us

hit the about us tab, go to business center & there are the bids!!, I wouldnt care if I was beat by 10k 15k.....hell, big orange would destroy me, but some of these guys prices are sight unseen......they should really go look, I talked to the lady in charge the other day & she said at least one of the bid contracts is being reopened!!! wonder why?

LXT...................

Go to 6100014422, Agency seeking vendor for tree felling of an estimated of 56,400 trees with diameter breast high ranging from 1" to 18" found on 76 acres (two seperate blocks).

I like Michael Laveing, he bid this at $2,454,800. :)

$32000 per acre

Go to 6100014422, Agency seeking vendor for tree felling of an estimated of 56,400 trees with diameter breast high ranging from 1" to 18" found on 76 acres (two seperate blocks).

I like Michael Laveing, he bid this at $2,454,800. :)

$32000 per acre

I know.....the ranges are crazy!!! although he might be a tad high!! LOL

LXT.............

Underbidding

I was just outbid today on a state job. Taking down and cleaning up 45 trees. On average from 9 dbh to 24 dbh. Anywhere from 40 to 80 ft tall. The park wanted the trees taken down and removed without hurting the surrounding trees or the land. It was in the middle of a state park camp ground. Low bidder was $6600 high bid was 24000. I was right in the middle. I dont see how someone could do the job for that. Not with cost of fuel today.

it sounds like the underbidding idiots have lost thier 2 grand? I mean time is getting short on the deadline right?

what! that is $146.66 a tree, there better be mostly 9" trees ? , i just bid on a job of a big cotton wood that is over 6 feet threw and a 20" ash by house, for $ 1200, haul only tops to field , he said the last guys bid was for only $600 , BUT they never have done it ,its been over a year.
I was just outbid today on a state job. Taking down and cleaning up 45 trees. On average from 9 dbh to 24 dbh. Anywhere from 40 to 80 ft tall. The park wanted the trees taken down and removed without hurting the surrounding trees or the land. It was in the middle of a state park camp ground. Low bidder was $6600 high bid was 24000. I was right in the middle. I dont see how someone could do the job for that. Not with cost of fuel today.

Yes the time is getting short, deadline is april 15th. when you break it down it becomes even more ridiculous, think about it this way!!

$125.00 an acre :dizzy: 1/8 acre cleared for $15.63...how many trees are on an 1/8 acre in the game lands?? I have the tree census of how many trees there are on each block......when you figure it out DCP forestry is doing almost 50,000 trees give or take @ just under or about .10 cents a tree :dizzy:

Wow....... im thinking something else is going on?? there is no way that can be right...just cant be! if it is then we are all doomed!!

LXT.............

Land clearing around here starts at around 10k per acre. That is cleared though(stumps, logs out, brush gone) not just dropping trees. Now a small outfit might be able to get away doing this Pittsburgh job for what they are charging cause really its just walking ( I mean clambering) through the woods ( I mean overgrown mountainous terrain) with a saw and having at it but right now the deadline is a short month away.
Well that is free enterprise for ya I guess, take it or move to China... oh I forgot we allready did.

Just found out what a fed job I bid on in Jan.went for.
It was 80 acres cleared of all cedars in the panhandle of Ok.Had a site visit,all 80 acres was dense with growth,sandy soil,hardwoods to cedar ratio was around 70 % hd 30%cedar.

The bid went for $9600.How the hell can that be done for that amount and make money.$120 an acre.This place was 45 min from nearest fuel and lodging. I had planned on skidding every thing out,chipping majority,and giving logs to locals.at $250 a acre and I was hungry then.

the winning bid went to tejas tree's maybe that's why.

Latest posts

Back