Unreal.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dustytools said:
Still dont know how to do it but yes thats the one that I was talking about.

Just copy the link and paste it into your post. The forum software takes care of the rest.

LOL the 08, gah! Talk about know-nothing sellers, it looks beat to crap, has an 08s trigger handle, origional bar? Who cares lol! The knuckle guard is an add-on from who-knows-where, and they listed in the mid '90's for around 900.00 as an industrial use saw, so 1800.00 is, um, a bit of a stretch for a mid '60's one I'd say. '...strongest most powerful...' blah blah bwahahahahaa! ya right, 50cc, 3.2hp@7500RPM, gah again! Paid 30.00 for mine (been a great little saw btw, and still in much better shape than that one 13yrs of hard work later. I'd offer him 5.00 and be done with it since I need a new bell (bent mine with da puller :bang: ). wtf, ain't e-bay great?!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Sprig said:
LOL the 08, gah! Talk about know-nothing sellers, it looks beat to crap, has an 08s trigger handle, origional bar? Who cares lol! The knuckle guard is an add-on from who-knows-where, and they listed in the mid '90's for around 900.00 as an industrial use saw, so 1800.00 is, um, a bit of a stretch for a mid '60's one I'd say. '...strongest most powerful...' blah blah bwahahahahaa! ya right, 50cc, 3.2hp@7500RPM, gah again! Paid 30.00 for mine (been a great little saw btw, and still in much better shape than that one 13yrs of hard work later. I'd offer him 5.00 and be done with it since I need a new bell (bent mine with da puller :bang: ). wtf, ain't e-bay great?!! :hmm3grin2orange:
My thoughts exactly. Hell if he gets what hes asking I may have to put mine up for sale. Only problem with mine is that its in good shape and has all of the original parts.

I hate to play the devils advocate here, but have you people heard of dyslexia, there's nothing funny about it, and this man's writing is a classic example of it. Most young people afflicted with it go thru pure hell dealing with it. The other side is that most of them are borderline genius in other aspects. But I guess it's cool to make fun of someone.

bobbyb13 said:
I hate to play the devils advocate here, but have you people heard of dyslexia, there's nothing funny about it, and this man's writing is a classic example of it. Most young people afflicted with it go thru pure hell dealing with it. The other side is that most of them are borderline genius in other aspects. But I guess it's cool to make fun of someone.
If you have dyslexia, there's still no excuse for not getting someone to proofread your ad or write it for you. Anyone who's a borderline genius and writes like that will realize his weaknesses and know he needs help.

I apoligize for my brash statement, but after seeing a kid go thru it, I got a little PO'ed about it. Sometime their pride gets in the way and they won't ask for help such as a proof reader. They try to do it own their own. I know how that is.

bobbyb13 said:
I apoligize for my brash statement, but after seeing a kid go thru it, I got a little PO'ed about it. Sometime their pride gets in the way and they won't ask for help such as a proof reader. They try to do it own their own. I know how that is.
Oh, I didn't think yours was a brash statement--I was just disagreeing with you. :biggrinbounce2: I do understand what you're saying.

bobbyb13 said:
bobbyB,
I did my last post before I read your post. That thought had not occurred to me and to a point I agree with you. But that description reads the way some young folks talk today - a hundred miles an hour and no punctuation.

Now, that being said, what if someone corrected the English in the post and sent it to him - explaining the reason and that they were trying to help - Might that offend them or or would they know the difference? No humor intended - that was a serious question.

Easy dude

bobbyb13 said:

I don't think anyone was truly making fun of him. I do not think they were acting with disdain towards the guy. I know I wasn't. What I do think is most of the guys on here are normal dudes that pick at each other about silly things people do/say, including each other. Most people don't aim to hurt others feelings, it's usually unintentional. The majority of folks on here are good hard working down to earth people that would stop and help someone if stranded or help someone if they were in a jam. Poking fun I believe is more the expression I'd use when speaking of the statements about the guy's spelling/grammar. Personally, I feel bad for the guy if he truly doesn't know how bad it looks for someone to read something as non-legible as what he wrote. He either does have some sort of problem, or he was never taught any differently. Either way, it's sad. I also don't think these guys are by any means trying to make themselves feel better by degrading someone else. It's part of what our society considers humor. Think of it like this, your driving down the road and see a sign that reads, "Large Jugs, $10 bucks!!!!" Well, that's pretty funny if you think about it. Someone obviously didn't think about it that way, but we did. So we'd walk in the store and ask the owner if we could see some of the jugs for sale and poke some fun at him. Same thing. Just think of it when reading the posts is all I'm saying. It's not meant to be mean, it's just humor. Now laugh and go have a brew.... :givebeer:

Last edited:
bobbyb13 said:
K k, fair enough, dyslexic, and doesn't know squat about saws..... this I can understand. :notrolls2:

Personally, I think there should be an intelligence test to buy and sell on eBay. This auction is just another example why. I know when I sell something, I get tired of people who won't bother to read the listing, and then write to ask me a question where the answer was right in the item description if they'd only bothered to read it. Or the morons who decide AFTER they win the auction, that they don't agree to my payment terms (that I spell out in detail in the auction).
AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :taped:

The last few posts sound typical of whats really wrong in this country...The biggest crime is hurting someones feelings. Boo freakin' hoo.
Everyone has or needs an excuse - I'm callin' BS on this - reality is what it is, deal with it or fail.
Can't do it yourself...well the government will help and the sensible likes of our future generation will lend a shoulder to cry on.
Makes me wanna puke.
If you have a problem and get laughed at, let em' know or beat some A$$. If you can't do, don't quit and wait for help - get off you butt and try till' its done. And if your fat its not a disease its plain and simply laziness.

And if your kid wants a PlayStation buy him or her a shovel - put their butt's to work. Let's get some work ethic back in this country.

I don't know what this has to do with anything - just felt like typing I guess.

Bottom line is: I hate weak - soft people who mark the system.

Merry Christmas and God Bless.

Tree Sling'r said:
The last few posts sound typical of whats really wrong in this country...The biggest crime is hurting someones feelings. Boo freakin' hoo.
Everyone has or needs an excuse - I'm callin' BS on this - reality is what it is, deal with it or fail.
Can't do it yourself...well the government will help and the sensible likes of our future generation will lend a shoulder to cry on.
Makes me wanna puke.
If you have a problem and get laughed at, let em' know or beat some A$$. If you can't do, don't quit and wait for help - get off you butt and try till' its done. And if your fat its not a disease its plain and simply laziness.

And if your kid wants a PlayStation buy him or her a shovel - put their butt's to work. Let's get some work ethic back in this country.

I don't know what this has to do with anything - just felt like typing I guess.

Bottom line is: I hate weak - soft people who mark the system.

Merry Christmas and God Bless.
A sign of the simple is confusing weakness with empathy. I find it telling that you can hate someone based on a few posts.

spacemule said:
A sign of the simple is confusing weakness with empathy. I find it telling that you can hate someone based on a few posts.

I personally don't hate anyone for being lazy or stupid, but I sure don't believe I have to feel sorry for them!!

Tree Sling'r said:
So you hate me?
No, I can honestly say I don't hate anyone on this site. For one thing, you can't know someone well enough to legitimately hate them based on their posts here. That doesn't mean, however, that I agree with your post.

Indiana John said:
I personally don't hate anyone for being lazy or stupid, but I sure don't believe I have to feel sorry for them!!
I think you missed my point. Slinger was talking about the "soft" people who concern themselves with feelings. This isn't the Ebay guy, no?

Latest posts

Back