Up and Down Day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today was another strange day. One of our contract employees failed to show up for work though he did call. Unfortunately he called me at 08:00 and the boss a few minutes later and his excuse was his car suffered a terrorist attack the day before. He needed to start at 07:30 and he was still at home 45 minutes away. He said he was on the way but he never showed. Around 14:00 the boss came over to our job site and told me to fire Scott if he showed up tomorrow. Scott is a really good worker but he is a former tweeker and acts like one. (He pees at his PO's office every Monday morning.) Then the boss changed his mind and said he would leave it up to me about firing him.

Dern shame firing someone. I had to do that at the FD and it was not a pleasant feeling.

Anyway I fell in the creek later and that took my mind of Scott. I'm glad I have a water resistant phone.

BTW we are using $150.00 worth of Stihl Bio Plus per week! Dang water work.

Today was another strange day. One of our contract employees failed to show up for work though he did call. Unfortunately he called me at 08:00 and the boss a few minutes later and his excuse was his car suffered a terrorist attack the day before. He needed to start at 07:30 and he was still at home 45 minutes away. He said he was on the way but he never showed. Around 14:00 the boss came over to our job site and told me to fire Scott if he showed up tomorrow. Scott is a really good worker but he is a former tweeker and acts like one. (He pees at his PO's office every Monday morning.) Then the boss changed his mind and said he would leave it up to me about firing him.

Dern shame firing someone. I had to do that at the FD and it was not a pleasant feeling.

Anyway I fell in the creek later and that took my mind of Scott. I'm glad I have a water resistant phone.

BTW we are using $150.00 worth of Stihl Bio Plus per week! Dang water work.

ditch the junkie, there's plenty of stable workers out there who are unemployed

Many of you may have already seen my mistakes... :embarrassed:

Thankfully, they really aren't the worst I've ever made.

The worst didn't kill or maim anyone, so that's good. Broke, lost, and marred some stuff though.

Life is all about living and learning. It goes well for some, and real bad for others. I reckon I'm somewhere in the middle.

Don't sound like any fun 2dogs.....

Had an epic day Wednesday. Lost 3 wedges, broke an axe, bent a bar and chain, broke my tape.

Guess what the first thing my falling pard did after work?.......Call every other faller on the crew and tell them about my day. I'll hear about this for a while, lol - Hope you all had a good week, enjoy the weekend - Sam

Don't sound like any fun 2dogs.....

Had an epic day Wednesday. Lost 3 wedges, broke an axe, bent a bar and chain, broke my tape.

Guess what the first thing my falling pard did after work?.......Call every other faller on the crew and tell them about my day. I'll hear about this for a while, lol - Hope you all had a good week, enjoy the weekend - Sam

damn, that's a ruff day, I was huffy when I sawed up a couple wedges, guess I'll quit #####in

damn, that's a ruff day, I was huffy when I sawed up a couple wedges, guess I'll quit #####in

The boss's favorite saying is, " A man doesn't know what he can do until he's pushed"......Well, that's what I can do when pushed . Now I know.

Last edited:
Well I guess things are looking up for me if today is any indicator. The boss bought the entire crew lunch for starters! He also told Cody (my son) he wants him to learn to run the loader and start him on the yarder.

Now here is the down part. I came home to find a 1lb box of Sees candy in the kitchen. I don't have much of a sweet tooth and rarely eat candy bars or dessert but I thought 1 piece of dark chocolate before dinner would be nice. I opened the box to find 7 pieces of milk chocolate, yuucchh!, 3 of which had a bite taken out of by somebody. So much for my once a month piece of candy.

send me a jar! Ill let you know how you did and I will send your jar back. Cant really promise any thing to return in the jar, but if I can, I will give you some smoked salmon. .

You don't work hard enough then. When pushed, one must push back with a flood of timber. . shut down the landing, fill up the skid roads, level the woods.

I was full of it when I started, damned if I ever lose that. . . . . .

I feel confident in my ability to produce. I know that rushing causes one little bs thing after another.

Hey Ted tomorrow I will try my hand at pickling eggs. I have looked at a dozen recipes and it seems simple enough. I'll let you know how they turn out soon.

Awright, that sounds cool, get ready for the house to smell like a bunch of carnies moved into your living room

Back